Xbox One Assassin's Creed movie

andrew172

I think the Assassins Creed series is screaming out for some sort of extended (hopefully cinematic) telling of it's story. A game can only do so much as it must focus on game play also and needs to split the story up depending on how fast the player can play though it. But a movie could have a dedicated, theatrical telling of the story in one intense sitting. What do you guys think?

I think that would be a really great idea! I think Assassins Creed could do really well as a movie, and that it would be quite popular in cinemas. I can imagine an Assassins Creed in 3D.

For those who never watched them, i recommend go and see the following movies:

- Resident Evil
- Silent Hill
- Bloodrayne
- Max Payne
- Prince of Persia
- Doom
- Alone in the Dark

And then come back here and tell me if a Assassin's Creed movie would be a good idea.

- Resident Evil
- Silent Hill
- Bloodrayne
- Max Payne
- Prince of Persia
- Doom
- Alone in the Dark

I agree. Especially on the resident evil part. I've watched all of them including the animated versions. I wish there was a movie for Fable. I also watched the last movie for Silent Hill.

I think the Assassins Creed series is screaming out for some sort of extended (hopefully cinematic) telling of it's story. A game can only do so much as it must focus on game play also and needs to split the story up depending on how fast the player can play though it. But a movie could have a dedicated, theatrical telling of the story in one intense sitting. What do you guys think?

The Assassin's Creed movie eh? I'm curious how they'll do this one. They've got a lot of time to do this right. I mean, telling the story of the genetic inheritance, the Templars, the Assassins, the settings... yeah, there's a lot they can do with this. Assassin's Creed, after all, can be a complicated storyline to turn into a movie but hey, I believe they can do something to make it watchable for moviegoers everywhere. As long as they don't cramp in so many story elements in there I think it'll be a great movie to watch.

I don't think it can work. Have any of you played the AC series from the beginning? The story is so complicated, it makes me feel like it's a Metal Gear Solid already. Sure, they can alter the story to make it more watchable but I still can't see it working for me. But hey, I'd like to see them try. Maybe I'll be convinced.; But still, AC's storyline has confused me. It was just a simple plot about some Eden's Apple, and now it blows up into more conspiracies. We'll just wait and see.

- Resident Evil
- Silent Hill
- Bloodrayne
- Max Payne
- Prince of Persia
- Doom
- Alone in the Dark

And then come back here and tell me if a Assassin's Creed movie would be a good idea.

This is a good point. Movies based off video games rarely work. Due to a variety of factors really. Still... with a good good producer, cast, script actors and a different story that follows the same lore, it could work. The main problem I see on the surface of all those other movies seems to be that they were just... rushed with little effort put into them.

This is a good point. Movies based off video games rarely work. Due to a variety of factors really. Still... with a good good producer, cast, script actors and a different story that follows the same lore, it could work. The main problem I see on the surface of all those other movies seems to be that they were just... rushed with little effort put into them.

I think they could safely just throw away the AC label and make a movie loosely based on the series. I'm a sucker for movies with historical accuracy, so I'd definitely watch it. The key is that they don't make it into a glorified advertising campaign. Make a movie for the sake of MAKING one, not so that you can sell the game that came with it. Ironic how we've had the exact opposite of this problem so far, and now we're worrying about movies being made from games.

I think they could safely just throw away the AC label and make a movie loosely based on the series. I'm a sucker for movies with historical accuracy, so I'd definitely watch it. The key is that they don't make it into a glorified advertising campaign. Make a movie for the sake of MAKING one, not so that you can sell the game that came with it. Ironic how we've had the exact opposite of this problem so far, and now we're worrying about movies being made from games.

It is ironic. Hopefully one days we don't find ourselves playing video games that were based off of a movie that was based off of a video game that was based of a movie that was based off of a video game.

There have been so many games that have been transformed into movies but if ever there was game that could pull it off, it would be Assassins Creed. The whole thing just screams movie.

- Resident Evil
- Silent Hill
- Bloodrayne
- Max Payne
- Prince of Persia
- Doom
- Alone in the Dark

Resident Evil will always going to be my favorite game movie, indeed. Also the Prince of Persia one is great. I have to watch the new Final Fantasy XV one as well, it looks interesting.

Back