Xbox 360 Assassin's Creed Reviews

kevin

Contributor
Below you can find the reviews for Assassin's Creed. If you have any questions that the reviews didn't answer, start a new thread on the forum. Played the game already? Rate it above and tell us why you did or didn’t like it. Better yet, write your own user review!

9 out of 10 - Game Spot
Read the full review here: Direct Link
Assassin's Creed is a beautiful and exciting experience that you'll remember for years to come.

7.5 out of 10 - IGN
If you play Assassin's Creed for an hour, you will probably think it's a fantastic game. But as Assassin's progresses, its dual storylines and repetitive quests begin to grow tiresome. There are so many great individual elements, but they are lost among the myriad of poor decisions from Ubisoft Montreal.

3.5 out of 5 - Gamespy
Instead of a true stealth engine, you have awkward "hide spots" to accommodate the free roaming. Combat is either too easy or too hard, lacking the brilliance of a dedicated action title. And the free-roaming, bound as it is to mission objectives that would be fine in a more linear game, is just unsatisfying. Each element of the game is individually interesting, but as a whole the package feels incomplete and patchwork more than innovative.

I love Assassin's creed, it a fun and detailed game with a storyline that ties into your progress in the game. It would be nice if there was a little less repitition, but no game is perfect.

The Assassin's Creed series has really developed into great games. This first game was just a bit too repetitive. There was no variation in moving from town to town or mission to mission. I think the developers realized this and addressed it wonderfully in the later games. I gave this a 3 out of 5 but I think the later titles are more 4 or 5 out of 5 games.

Back