Xbox One Bad news - Oculus Rift won't do Xbox One and PS4

Facebook will be pushing the whole set up in a social-network direction, with more focus on sharing experiences etc. I really don't see that particular model taking off, because nobody really wants to pay so much money just to watch videos of peoples' pets and children. I have no doubt that there is massive scope for R&D in virtual reality, it's just the overtly social element that confuses me.

I dont care one bit now since they sold out to Facebook. Mark is a scum on this planet.

Makes sense. OR can't be locked down to a console release cycle. PC is the perfect ecosystem for it. Microsoft and Sony will have to develop their own solutions if they want some VR goodness.

Makes sense. OR can't be locked down to a console release cycle. PC is the perfect ecosystem for it. Microsoft and Sony will have to develop their own solutions if they want some VR goodness.

Yeah I agree man. VR is best suited for PCs unless they make Xbox just as powerful as it.

Facebook will be pushing the whole set up in a social-network direction, with more focus on sharing experiences etc. I really don't see that particular model taking off, because nobody really wants to pay so much money just to watch videos of peoples' pets and children. I have no doubt that there is massive scope for R&D in virtual reality, it's just the overtly social element that confuses me.
This just shows how interesting Oculus is.

i am sure they will..
but hear is the big thing... who is going to adopt the tec...?? how many google glasses have you seen??? they are struggling to get them mainstream and they are glasses and can be on 99% of the time.. so you think a device that offers no visual awareness is going to take off..

i mean can you see people walking into furnature,walls, ect ect.. in the vr device you have no real world acclimation.. i see it as a nitch market... always have

I guess they want to expand their product to new ventures. I hope they could make something similar to Sword Art Online's Nerve Gear without the perma-death option on the game. What are your thoughts?
Well honestly, this was kind of obvious if you ask me. They're going to need continual updates as son as they get it off the ground, and the best graphical power they can push out of any machine that you're using, so of course they're going to go for a PC over a console. It only makes sense really.

Well honestly, this was kind of obvious if you ask me. They're going to need continual updates as son as they get it off the ground, and the best graphical power they can push out of any machine that you're using, so of course they're going to go for a PC over a console. It only makes sense really.

Yeah man. I agree. Since a console is always so limited when it comes to it's compatibility unlike having a pc.

I am not surprised.

It is very rare that companies let 3rd party developers create accessories for there product. Microsoft, and Sony probably have plans too create devices similar to the Oculus rift for there consoles down the line, and decided that it is in their best interest not to support the Oculus rift.

Honestly. I cannot blame them. That is a good business decision. However. as a gamer i am thoroughly disappointed,

I am not surprised.

It is very rare that companies let 3rd party developers create accessories for there product. Microsoft, and Sony probably have plans too create devices similar to the Oculus rift for there consoles down the line, and decided that it is in their best interest not to support the Oculus rift.

Honestly. I cannot blame them. That is a good business decision. However. as a gamer i am thoroughly disappointed,

I agree. Well as they say business is business.

That's all that Microsoft is concerned about. They should look at what we need first to get their business running even better.

I know man. I mean they could have made something more affordable for us, I actually didn't like it being an all in one system at first because I really want to just play.

I know man. I mean they could have made something more affordable for us, I actually didn't like it being an all in one system at first because I really want to just play.

If they did, what would be the use of getting this for this much. They might just make one from inexpensive materials that easily wear out eventually.

If they did, what would be the use of getting this for this much. They might just make one from inexpensive materials that easily wear out eventually.

Could make sense man. but if they did that it would be like a really cheap console.

The thing that Microsoft missed out with here is that the Rift could've gone hand in hand with Kinect when they fine tuned it more and that would've been a few steps closer to sci-fi levels of VR: using your body for movements and actions, voice commands for stuff like opening doors and looting if needed, and the headset for looking around...since that's all it really does--replace the right analog stick on traditional controllers.

Well I'm pretty sure MS and Sony will have to come up with their very own version of the Rift, but the thing that confuses me the most is, why the hell did Zuckerberg bought the Occulus Rift? I mean what will Facebook do with it? Is it some kind of Facebook phone thing all over again?

Back