Battle between PC and console players

I'm not bothered by the consoles VS PC battle. I don't have anything against PC gamers. I just see my consoles as machines for fun and my computer as a machine for work, and I like to keep those things separate.
I've noticed that PC gamers have to upgrade their systems very often because each new crop of games seems to demand more power. I'm not rich enough to have that hobby.

I played a lot on my PC before I got an XBox. Most games run fine but when you get to the big ones like the newer GTAs and COD, it gets too laggy.
There's no reason to get a console if you just like playing The Sims or Minecraft.

I think all people who have upgraded from PC to console uttered a massive sigh of relief when they saw the smooth gameplay, lol.

PC gaming is actully much cheaper than console gaming. The games cost less, pc last longer than consoles, and you also have steam so no scratched disks.

I personnaly prefer PC due to it's variety of games, but the only reason why I play on my console more is because all of my friends play on it. I don't like playing games alone.

I play both on the Xbox and the PC. Whenever I feel like really getting into it and playing BF3 with the settings cranked up to orgasmic, I go on the PC. If I just wanna chill on my couch and play with some buds, I'll play on my Xbox. I love both!

PC gaming is actully much cheaper than console gaming. The games cost less, pc last longer than consoles, and you also have steam so no scratched disks.

This! .. Even my old crap box can still play recent games, that are mostly free (I love running public betas), like the Path of Exile free beta that we've been discussing in the MMO thread..

I have three of the best FPS games for XBox and I've barely touched them.. It's so sad. :(

It really does happen like that. I'm a fan of PC gaming, their are games i just perfer on the PC. Sadly i'm still waiting for a master of magic remake for PC. And the wait continues....

I have always played both PC and consoles. They are both have their advantages and exclusive game selections that make each one worth having. As far as people getting mad at other people because of what hardware they play games on, that just makes me chuckle a little then feel pity for them.

Arguing between PC and console is like choosing between spoon and chopstick, either way you get to eat your food. I have nothing against PC, it just so happen that I already created a network of friend in my Gamer tag, so I choose my Xbox console.

I'm a huge PC gamer, and an Xbox gamer. I don't really ever see PC gamers looking down on console gamers. For the most part, if your a hardcore PC gamer, you most likely own a console. I have been using the computer for approximately eight years, and Xbox for four. I enjoy both still, and that's the important thing.

;) I found this really awesome infographic that breaks down the numbers for both sides of the debate.
download.jpg
Click for larger version.

It all comes down to insecurity and ego waving. If someone likes something and is insecure about their own tastes, they become dedicated over time to the impossible goal of trying to force everyone else to agree with them. It doesn't matter what it is. Video games are just a popular topic for it.

Basically, everyone who seriously argues about it is an idiot. Neither are objectively superior because it is entirely dependent on what a gamer considers to be a positive trait for a gaming system.

I enjoy PC gaming and console gaming for different things. I've also started gaming on my tablet which is about a mix of both. On the PC, I like shooters and strategy games, while on consoles I prefer RPGs and platformers. Consoles are also better for gaming with friends, unless you've got a LAN party, which is a pain to set up.
I'm a fan of classic gaming, so I do like being able to play old console games on my PC and tablet, especially on the tablet, as then I can take it with me anywhere.

Most of the gamers I know play on both console and PC, so I've never really seen a disparaging spirit between the two sides like the TS has.

I wish I could read the pic that tofu posted, but when I zoom in it's so pixilated that I can't.

Both sides have its merits, and there really shouldn't be any reason a gamer should be bashing either side. I enjoy playing games on both platforms (and have, on occasion, bought the same game for both platforms). I enjoy the PC because it has the potentially to infinitely enhance whatever game I'm going to play (with mods) and playing with the console means I don't lag like no tomorrow because money is so stretched thin that I can't afford a computer that can game decently. On one hand, Steam always has game sales that can give epic discounts, on the other you can yell Fus-Ro-Dah at your screen and have that draugr fly into a wall.

Honestly, fighting over stupid things like this is like debating whether the RPG genre is better than the FPS genre (and then there's Mass Effect effectively being both) it's pointless. Both things are good for different reasons.

OK this is how I look at it and I think it will end up this way: PC - Work/Very casual gaming - console - best gaming experience. If you asked this questions 4-5 years ago PC would be dominant but it's lost it's grip on gaming. A controller gives a better experience than the mouse keys, IMO.

Hmm, sorry to be that guy, but really, PC is simply better. This isn't biased or just my opinion, just compare the specs and you'll see. I am not one to furiously argue this or anything, but I don't see how someone would say that console is better. I do play console, for some of the games, and I understand the point that they are more affordable to an extent, but if you do the correct shopping you can pick up an okay gaming machine for 300$. And besides, the price really isn't an argument on which is better. Example, a Prius is not better then a Lamborghini because it's cheaper, it might be a better decision for someone to get, but that doesn't make it better. Thoughts?

Can't we all agree that all consoles always have something good to them? I can't own all the consoles i want, so i have the PC+PSP+PS3 combo, and that pretty much covers all the great games out there nowadays. Why do i have to side with just one and miss out on some titles?

Why is there a battle? To see who is cooler and who plays the better system? I think PC and console are balanced well enough that there doesn't have to be any arguments. Both PC and console has its flaws and things that are great.

Back