Xbox One Battlefield 4 DLC avaiable Day One only on Xbox One

KN1GHTMARE

Former Moderator
From
NJ
Website
socialclub.rockstargames.com
Gamers who will be picking up the Xbox One version of Battlefield 4 later next month will be pleased to hear that they will get the second of the five expansions first due to the timed-exclusive deal with\ Microsoft with EA. Battlefield 4 players on Xbox One can expect to play the second DLC at launch on November 22nd. In the Second Assault DLC, players will have access to the following content: “fan-favorite” Battlefield 3 maps.

Other versions of Battlefield 4 will most likely get the Second Assault DLC a month or two later. Check back with us near the release date for our review of Battlefield 4.

battlefield-4-premium-logo.jpg

Good to know! This is an obvious Day 1 purchase for along with Call of Duty, Dead Rising 3, and Watchdogs. I'll be sure to pick up a Premium subscription as well so I can access weekly DLC and all map packs 2 weeks early. It's a great time to be a gamer and November cannot get here quick enough!

via Just Push Start

bf4 its a good game. be it a great game. ive got 12 hours logged and its still just beta. stinks all my progress wont transfer over.

have played both style of play. domination is like cod.. very run and gun capture the flag with lots of areas to jump in nad out of. the conquest style is just something else. the map sizing is big but not to far.. you can travel between points but its not a few second thing. the levolution is nice. the parachutting is sick. tank/vehicle warfare is so much fun.

if you get to play with someone who know how to command you can get point like crazy and really enjoy the game. ive played 3 hours today with the same guy just wrecking..

I would be more tempted to buy premium for Battlefield 4 as i did Battlefield 3, but considering they just have so many DLC plans already lined up and in progress instead of just put into the game from the beginning, i dont feel like giving my money to the cause and i dont want to spend money every year because battlefield will release a game that often.

Wow, DICE is really taking this Next-Gen game seriously. I guess since no-one really played BF3 that much (I play it sometimes). I think battlefield 4 is gonna be one of the Top 5 games of the year.

I would be more tempted to buy premium for Battlefield 4 as i did Battlefield 3, but considering they just have so many DLC plans already lined up and in progress instead of just put into the game from the beginning, i dont feel like giving my money to the cause and i dont want to spend money every year because battlefield will release a game that often.

That have already confirmed the battlefield release cycle will be 3 years so I think it's all justified

Correct me if i am wrong, but didn't Playstation 3 get the DLC first on Battlefield 3? Maybe it's Xbox turn to shine when it comes to extra content. I also wonder if this is a timed exclusive or if it is really a exclusive forever.
Anyway, enjoying the beta, seems that it's shaping up to be a great game.

Correct me if i am wrong, but didn't Playstation 3 get the DLC first on Battlefield 3? Maybe it's Xbox turn to shine when it comes to extra content. I also wonder if this is a timed exclusive or if it is really a exclusive forever.
Anyway, enjoying the beta, seems that it's shaping up to be a great game.

Microsoft has a deal with EA this time, it was announced at E3. The OP says it's timed.

Pretty brilliant move locking up early access to DLC for both this and CoD. Those are 2 of the biggest releases this year and I think it down give Microsoft an edge for the people who are only upgrading to play those games.

"Day one DLC"? From an ambivalent standpoint this just rubs me the wrong way. I understand putting out new content throughout a game's life cycle, but...I don't know. To me it seems like they could have just as easily put the "Day One DLC" into the game.

Pretty brilliant move locking up early access to DLC for both this and CoD. Those are 2 of the biggest releases this year and I think it down give Microsoft an edge for the people who are only upgrading to play those games.

It's a very small edge, a barely visible edge I think. It's a timed exclusive, so the only benefit is getting it earlier on XB1 than PS4. That's not exactly a huge selling point despite Microsoft actively advertising it as one. They're not going to convince too many people to get an Xbox One because they want to play on bonus BF/CoD maps a month or two in advance.

"Day one DLC"? From an ambivalent standpoint this just rubs me the wrong way. I understand putting out new content throughout a game's life cycle, but...I don't know. To me it seems like they could have just as easily put the "Day One DLC" into the game.

It's a very small edge, a barely visible edge I think. It's a timed exclusive, so the only benefit is getting it earlier on XB1 than PS4. That's not exactly a huge selling point despite Microsoft actively advertising it as one. They're not going to convince too many people to get an Xbox One because they want to play on bonus BF/CoD maps a month or two in advance.

I think you underestimate the hardcore fps fans

Exclusive DLC, timed or not, is in my opinion one of the dumbest things in the industry at the moment.

Not just that, it's also DAY ONE DLC. Why do people eat this crap up but cry foul whenever Capcom is mentioned?

At the very least, none of the games I truly care about have fallen to such ridiculous practices...

Hey guys look! A Day One DLC that was in the works before the game releases! The DLC is to be released on the day of game release so that more money is earned!

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear. Where has the faith for humanity gone? Cut the crap DICE. I'd rather not pay for a day one DLC when it was already being manufactured while the game was also in progression. Just because microsoft and EA are moneywh0res doesn't mean they should stoop this low again for something they could have easily included in the package of already a 60$ game on release. Not everyone is rich these days, and capitalism will get the best of us in the future..

Hey guys look! A Day One DLC that was in the works before the game releases! The DLC is to be released on the day of game release so that more money is earned!

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear. Where has the faith for humanity gone? Cut the crap DICE. I'd rather not pay for a day one DLC when it was already being manufactured while the game was also in progression. Just because microsoft and EA are moneywh0res doesn't mean they should stoop this low again for something they could have easily included in the package of already a 60$ game on release. Not everyone is rich these days, and capitalism will get the best of us in the future..

the dlc is avalable on ps4/360 cross platform as well. microsoft is just willing to pay ea to get it before ps4 or any non microsoft entities get it. so its not microsoft being a money whore its more like they are paying the whore to get you the good first. blame sony for not forking out that paper to ge you the good first:)

but really this is how the world is get over it its not changing. day one elclusive stuff is marketing at its best. people pre order games/consoles without knowing what they are getting almost a year in advance.

most every bigtitle game is offering dlc. you know 99% of the big companies and general big titles will have it. its not a trend its how the industry is as a whole. racing game gets cars, fps get maps and guns and play modes, mmo games get added worlds,card games get expansion packs, tycoon games get added rides/buildings/animals or whatever that games layout is.

the general games these days are a 50-60dollar starter with another 20-50dollar season pass or year of content. ifyour fine with the game out of the box with a few updates and bug fixes fine past that dlc is how it works.

But, see here's the thing as more and more exclusive DLCs go to one company over the other, soon, you may have developers going to one company over the other and it will just widen the chasm between the consoles. It's all about money and where it can be made more efficiently.

It's a habit for Microsoft to buy publishers.
This is because with BF3 is Sony who won exclusivity.

If it's just the first DLC, it does not bother me.
I think Microsoft should remain on its side with Call Of Duty.

What I find unfortunate since BF3 is that PC gamers have to wait one week before touching the DLC. Battlefield is a game that started on PC.

Personally, I'm a console gamer .... so it does not affect me.

Back