Xbox 360 Become invisible in Oblivion!

BitesizeCrayons

This isn't a bug or glitch, but it's definitely cheap. You can actually enchant your armor/accessories with Chameleon until you reach 100%, and you will then be entirely invisible. I tried this myself, I was able to bypass virtually every enemy in the game, and land incredibly easy sneak bonus hits (not that they matter when they can't fight back anyway). I'm glad Skyrim doesn't feature such a thing; I feel like improving your character loses meaning when you can just exploit the game this way.

Still, for novelty purposes, this is fun to do, so try it. :3

Ohh goodness that's hilarious! I haven't actually played oblivion in a long time but i guess this would be a good way to try it out again :p
Sure sounds like a really fun exploit, so i must attempt to do it myself! I assume an easy and quick way to test this is to get a stone with Chameleon 25% effect and the use the glitch duplication exploit to make tons of them and use them all till you get 100% on your armor! Lol using an exploit to gain another exploit! xD

Haha, yeah, the good ol' dupe glitch. I made my game crash trying to do it once because there was too much on-screen stuff simultaneously. I think you'll enjoy 100% Chameleon; terrorizing cities with it is very fun.

I remember when I first figured out that I could do this. I was ecstatic. I was invisible for many playthroughs after that. But then, eventually, it really started to kill the game for me. I just couldn't stand it. It was far too easy to do everything, so I quit. It is like starting over. I became so inexperienced since I never had to fight anything, and so the game became fun and difficult again. All in all, it is fun for awhile, but it really loses its taste.

Agreed; I recommend doing it only for having a little fun, and it would make playing the game mundane if you kept it on for a large portion of it. It could be useful to use if you get into a battle you're hard-pressed to win, but even then, you're kinda cheating the game.

It really made that much, much easier. I remember that creepy zoom-in from a guard you know didn't see you when you're breaking in and or looting a house. "STOP THIEF!" I'd go "GAH D: WTF?!"

I love Bethesda exactly for things like this. I didn't like the main quest that much, but it's an incredibly fun game to explore and mod.

Yeah Bethesda would put stuff to exploit in their games and generally have it gone by next time around.

I was playing a bit of Oblivion today and had my Chameleon armor on...and it really does make the game a little boring. I just decided to play in the armor for a long time and do a few missions instead of my usual robbery.

Invisible armor gets old very fast. Its fun at first to see that it works, but after that not so much.

So true. Like I said, chameleon armor sucks the fun right out of the game, especially when doing Oblivion gates.

I did the invisibility exploit and found it fun. I enjoy playing as a stealth character so it was perfect.

I love playing stealth characters too, but chameleon armor kind of defeats the purpose of becoming skilled in stealth arts.

I haven't gotten that feeling from using the armor yet. I can see where it would kill the exciting moments of the game though.

Back