Xbox One Best Buy e-mail confuses games on xbox one bundle release date

incredibleone

Best Buy, why did you have to get our hopes up with your stupid e-mail? Anything for publicity, perhaps? They made a lot of gamers think that they were getting the xbox one three days before anyone else. Here's the link to the article: http://www.gottabemobile.com/2013/10/02/xbox-one-release-date-confusion-arrives-best-buy/

Some of the text: "This morning Best Buy sent out an email to shoppers who ordered the Xbox One Day One Call of Duty Ghosts Bundle with a subject that the “pre-order has a new release date.” Inside the email listed Call of Duty Ghosts Xbox One with a release date of November 19th, which led at least one shopper to believe his Xbox One Call of Duty Ghosts Bundle was coming out a few days early. In reality the Xbox One Day One release remains unchanged for users who ordered the bundle. The Call of Duty Ghosts Xbox One game does come out on the 19th, several days before gamers will have any means of playing it, and it may not be worth heading in store to pick it up before the bundle is completely available.

Best Buy, why did you have to get our hopes up with your stupid e-mail? Anything for publicity, perhaps? They made a lot of gamers think that they were getting the xbox one three days before anyone else. Here's the link to the article: http://www.gottabemobile.com/2013/10/02/xbox-one-release-date-confusion-arrives-best-buy/

Some of the text: "This morning Best Buy sent out an email to shoppers who ordered the Xbox One Day One Call of Duty Ghosts Bundle with a subject that the “pre-order has a new release date.” Inside the email listed Call of Duty Ghosts Xbox One with a release date of November 19th, which led at least one shopper to believe his Xbox One Call of Duty Ghosts Bundle was coming out a few days early. In reality the Xbox One Day One release remains unchanged for users who ordered the bundle. The Call of Duty Ghosts Xbox One game does come out on the 19th, several days before gamers will have any means of playing it, and it may not be worth heading in store to pick it up before the bundle is completely available.

It was just bad wording. They meant that COD comes out on the 19th. Since its not a REAL bundle people will get the game on the 19th before the console.

I think that this is partially a marketing strategy on Best Buy's part. They release this email. The internet surges. Before people can get the real story best buy gets a bunch more preorders.

Sounds pretty conspiracy theory huh? Well Best Buy, your move!

Does kind of suck to have to go get the game and then the box shortly after that, lots of waiting in lines, etc.

I think that this is partially a marketing strategy on Best Buy's part. They release this email. The internet surges. Before people can get the real story best buy gets a bunch more preorders.

Does kind of suck to have to go get the game and then the box shortly after that, lots of waiting in lines, etc.

Well if your preordered CoD there's no sense waiting in a line. Pick it up the next day, not like you can play it anyways.

There are always mistakes with companies who sell games. I mean it's as if they do it on purpose. To be completely honest it wouldn't surprise me if they actually did do it on purpose.

I just had this vision of holding onto your CoD game and you're just staring at it. You kind of look at your 360 and then at the game again. You sigh and shrug and put the game down and return to your daily duty of taking care of the rest of the business in your life dreaming of your chance to prestige to level 1+.

That is also my opinion. It sort of worked because they have us talking about them and the Xbox One products. Not to mention the people who pre-ordered as a result of the story. Though I doubt that many did. I'm sure at least a few people did. I think that Best Buy is banking on people buying more products from their store with each of the visits. One visit for the game and the next visit for the box.

I wouldn't buy anything from Best Buy. Just lot of bad experience with them.

I wouldn't buy anything from Best Buy. Just lot of bad experience with them.

Really? The Best Buy near me has been great. As a matter of fact just a few months ago my Samsung 42" 3D TV stopped working and I got a free upgrade to a 65" Sharp Smart TV :D Mind you, the Samsung was nearly 3 years old already.

Really? The Best Buy near me has been great. As a matter of fact just a few months ago my Samsung 42" 3D TV stopped working and I got a free upgrade to a 65" Sharp Smart TV :D Mind you, the Samsung was nearly 3 years old already.

Must be than just because of location. All Best Buys around here are just not interested at all helping customers. You can wait for weeks in the store till they even decide to look at you.

I just had this vision of holding onto your CoD game and you're just staring at it. You kind of look at your 360 and then at the game again. You sigh and shrug and put the game down and return to your daily duty of taking care of the rest of the business in your life dreaming of your chance to prestige to level 1+.

LOL . I'd admit we bought every thing that we wanted from them, not so much with games. My husband bought probably two or three games from best buy,only because he couldn't find it elsewhere so he tried there. Never really have much of a problem with Best Buy though we did price check for certain computer stuffs, some of them might be more compare to Tiger Direct. The one problem I have with them is ,they are not that fast when it comes to redoing their websites. We've had occasions where we saw something from the store we wanted online,went there just to find out it's out of stock or they didn't carry anymore ;o

I've had some pretty bad experiences with best buy as well. The only time that it ever works out in my favor is usually finding a clearance sale of some sort. Otherwise they don't typically have the things that I want or the availability on the things I'm interested in. They also tend to be giant jerks about return policies from time to time.

Really? I hate Best Buy as much as I hate Walmart when it comes to buying games. They always have such a limited stock at the store near my house. There are 2 Best Buy stores near me and they both run out of items. That e-mail was a tease. I unsubscribed after that mess. :mad:

Is there sad music playing in the background? Because in my head there is - and then there's this shot where he just stares out the window and it's raining... I need to make that now and post it to Youtube. Darn you Murray! I have fiverr orders to finish!

I'm not surprised at all the of the bad reviews for Best Buy in this thread. I've had some terrible experiences there too. Several things that I bought from their stores broke very quickly. I have not had good interactions with their staff. And the store's lighting is terrible. Why is it so dim in those stores?

Yeah, the wording on this is terrible. I wouldn't expect anything less from Best Buy though!

Best Buy sucks. I know i'm not putting up a conversation about it to defend my case, but besides the point, forget that place. A lot of undertrained staff with no sense of direction, just getting a paycheck. Something like this from a Corporate level doesnt suprise me.

Best Buy is probably getting alot of hate mail for this. I wonder if some people actually started telling their friends about this. I even wonder if some bloggers put this on their websites. Oh best buy, oh best buy.

I think that is was a successful marketing ploy which got a lot of people attention.
And let's be serious here, I don't think that many people will stop buying stuff from Best Buy because of the convenience.
Really it just got more people to pay attention to them and maybe get their name out more.

Back