Xbox 360 Best Gun for Run and Gun?

danealegana

I always consider the MP7 submachine gun to be the best in this case which is available as soon as you reach Rank 4 and unlock your custom classes and also my first prestige unlock, the Skorpion EVO which you get at Level 46 whih is definitely the best for Kill Streak matches. I also include Laser Sights attachments so I wont need to pull the gun up and aim down the sights, and Extended Clips which is very handy for not exchanging clips often. And lastly, I always have a Stinger for my secondary weapon.

How about you guys? What is/are the best run and gun Guns and attachments that you use?

I always enjoyed using the MSMC for some high damage & high speed action. Pair it up with an extended clip plus rapid fire, and you got yourself a beast of a weapon to just run around the map.

The Scorpion is defiantly my go to run and gun of choice too. Although I prefer to use the AN-94 most the time.

I prefer assault rifles as Im a Battlefield player and it much more slower gameplay, but for any run and gun especially in any CoD a SMG is the best. I do love the Skorpion, prolly with laser sights, silencer (specially on hardcore [I love hardcore]) and quickdraw..

The ump 45 silenced. Very effective, but basically all SMG's are good for running and gunning such as skorpion, mp5k ,etc.

All of the SMG's are good for running and gunning. Depending on my mood I'll have Laser Sight + Silencer, Laser Sight+ longbarrel, and sometimes I remove one of those and put on extended clips instead.

It depends on the map, the playstyles of my opponents, and sometimes even the mood I'm in. My general top five for killing on the fly would be as follows:

AN 94 - Quickdraw & fast mag (can also vary between FMJ, and sometimes I have all three. Sometimes I use a reflex) - My only AR to make the list, this gun is very versatile. I'm sure we've all been in situations where you happen upon someone who's outside of your gun's effective range; that's a rarity with this beast of a gun, and I can use it just fine up close as well.

Remington 870 - Long barrel & laser - Perhaps the best shotgun in the game, many have claimed it to be overpowered. I disagree, but I do find that it is a superb CQC weapon.

MSMC - Long Barrel & fast mag (sometimes laser) - This is a consistent SMG with a fair amount of range, what's not to like?

Chicom CQB - Long barrel & select fire (sometimes fast mag and/or laser) - This weapon has a very fast kill time up close. It's a bit erratic at mid range, but using the full auto makes that a bit better.

PDW - Long barrel & laser - Consistency, a good deal of range for an SMG, and a generous magazine size make this a solid gun for the rusher. It might not have the fastest kill time, but it never lets me down.

I prefer skorpion because I've noticed I am usually the most accurate using that.

Ever since Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 I have fallen in love with the MP7. This remains completely unchanged in Black Ops 2, and it's definitely my go to gun for Run and Gun. I've had way more success using the MP7 than I have with any other gun, it makes a tremendous difference.

You should pick-up the PDW, because it's the most overpowered gun at the moment, its 50 bullet mag, plus far range and high damage makes it the perfect run and gun weapon - it also has really great accuracy.

You can just spray and pray and get the kill :/

MP7 submachine gun with extended mags is a very good option to run and gun. I have tried this often in Call of Duty with positive results. But, another great alternative would be (if you don't mind being called noob) is Akimbo. Use submachine or any gun with it, you will be spraying like anything and getting random kills is very easy. Lol! But, you will definitely end up annoying every player on the map and may even get kicked for doing so! I got kicked once...

I actually am used to using assault rifles as my prefered choice for running and guuning. In my view, most of them are outright better then most of the submachine guns in the game. Specifically, I tend to use the SMR, M27, AN-94 and Type 25. On all of my guns, I attach Stock, Surppresor and Quickdraw.

I tend to use the MP7 as a run and gun option with silencer, laser sight and extended clip from memory and it does ok for me. It also reloads quickly and I get my killstreaks this way (Although to the amount I keep getting killed, I've only had the hunter killer 5 times, care package and RCXD 3 times in a month of playing LIVE)

The best run and gun class is definitely the Skorpion or the MSMC. Both are amazing guns that melts through your enemies.

The Skorpion's rate of fire is insanely fast. You'll be sure to mow down other players in a jiff. Be sure to put on fast mag and maybe even scavenger since you will be reloading quite often and using up a lot of ammo. This gun is mainly for upclose encounters, it's range is not that great.

The MSMC is a great gun overall. Although it doesn't have a significant fire rate such as the Skorpion, it makes up in many other ways. It's more of a versatile SMG, perfect for short and medium ranges while the Skorpion is limited to short range.

The Skorpion is a good gun that is very fast In terms of rate of fire but often uses up ammo to the point that you have to pick up alternative weapons up to carry on earning towards scorestreaks, it's a decent weapon in Zombies to a certain point.

But I still stick with the silenced MP7 for Team Deathmatch just so I can unlock other bits is probably the reason why I still use it (the times I've heard people going "Oh My God, how did he know I was there?") considering my shots don't appear on the mini-map due to it being silenced.

Since I last posted, I've managed to get a bit more experienced at using the AN-94 which has a good feel to it when playing multiplayer, just got to try it out a few more times with different attachments onto it. Not tried the Vector yet but may do when I get a few hours to kill.

Back