Xbox One Bungie Reveals New Project - Destiny

pstep

bungie-logo.jpg

destiny cover.jpgBungie just officially announced the title of their new project, and it is called Destiny. This project will be the first that Bungie will release on multiple console platforms as part of a ten year publishing deal with Activision. Of course the game will play as a first-person shooter and, as of now is listed as a PS3 and XBOX 360 title. With all the rumors of new consoles on the horizon, could this prove that the release of the next-generation consoles will be more than a year away?

The premise of the game is that humanity is in decline. Where humankind once colonised other planets, Earth was eventually devastated by an event known only as "the Collapse", which reduced the population to a fraction of what it once was. Humanity would have been wiped out altogether were it not for the sudden and mysterious appearance of "the Traveler", an enormous spherical construct that floats over the last remaining human city and has allowed mankind to consolidate and avert their own extinction. However, hostile forces have appeared at the fringes of the once-great human empire and are steadily encroaching on Earth. The player takes on the role of a Guardian of the City and is tasked with investigating the threat before it wipes all traces of mankind from the universe.

The Key features of the game, as listed by Bungie are:
The next evolution of entertainment — an incredible story set within a newly-imagined, always-connected universe filled with action and adventure.

Create your character, forge your legend by defeating powerful foes, and earn unique and customizable weapons, gear, and vehicles.

Unprecedented variety of FPS gameplay, including story, cooperative and competitive multiplayer modes combined with public and social activities.

Below you will find the official reveal trailer for Destiny:

[video=youtube;EwOUi4JDC4o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwOUi4JDC4o[/video]

As of now, there is no official release date beyond the mention by Bungie that the game will not be available in 2013. However some retailers such as GameStop and Amazon are already taking reservations on this title.

- PSTEP

It looks promising but I really hope they ditch the butt ugly upwards facing shoulder armor, I hated it in Halo too and the vid shows a rogue with it on.

Is the game going to have action in space? The story line looks like it's going to have a lot of links to space but will the actual gameplay? I hope so.

The game seems to have a complete hook on me. I went over to http://destinygameforum.com/and signed up. Ironically enough, GameOverViper (the guy I was hoping to get our forum affiliated with) is the owner.

Really looking promising from everything that has been released so far. Bungie had to come up with another hit after losing the Halo name and truth be told, Destiny will more than likely take over.

I like the sounds of it and it looks good too, but I need to see more gameplay before I'm sold on this.

This looks very promising, and hopefully it's a sign of what's to come with the next generation of consoles.

This game looks kinda like Halo.

After watching the trailer I wanna say Halo meets Killzone meets Star Wars... a very interesting and awesome combination! Lol'd so much when he typed "My body is ready" :)))

I saw the trailer on Youtube and I think Destiny looks promising. I like the idea of the Traveler, this big orb that floats above the Earth and gives people powers. I like that things will happen in the game that the creators didn't cause, like AI and a living world. I like the social texting aspect. I even think it's cool and epic that it's a 10 year game. You never know, it might surpass Halo.
Maybe their best work is still ahead of them.

Back