Xbox One Call of Duty: Ghosts creators explain why resolution is lower on Xbox One

The reason I generally prefer console gaming to PC gaming is because I never have to worry about whether my Xbox 360 will run a game (bugs notwithstanding). My PC wasn't really built for gaming, but like a lot of people I can't ignore a good Steam sale. I have dozens of games and maybe 1/4 of them actually run smoothly on my computer. Of those, most have their graphics turned down at least a little bit. I just don't want to spend hundreds of dollars on a new computer just to play games when I have two perfectly good consoles (that cost a lot on their own) to use. Between Xbox and PlayStation consoles, though, I don't really care about graphics differences.

I have a better explanation for why the resolution is lower on X1: Infinity Ward and Activision simply don't give a single **** about making a good product anymore. As evidence we have the ridiculously awful PC port of the game which even has limitations that prevent it from launching if the user has less than 6gb of RAM (despite the game only using up to 2gbs of RAM ever) and the ending being copy-pasted from a previous game.

Awful developer. Awful publisher. Awful game. But I'm sure it will sell millions and we'll get even ****tier Call of Duty games constantly.

At least the title is fitting, Call of Duty is only a ghost of its past self now.

Xbox One should normally run at 1080p as COD on PS4. It's almost a shame for Microsoft not able to run Call of Duty better than PS4.

Same for Battlefield. It remains a game-Next-gent anyway.

I think Microsoft should tweak the Xbox One a little longer. I hope these problems will be corrected with a few days in future.

Xbox One should normally run at 1080p as COD on PS4. It's almost a shame for Microsoft not able to run Call of Duty better than PS4.

Same for Battlefield. It remains a game-Next-gent anyway.

I think Microsoft should tweak the Xbox One a little longer. I hope these problems will be corrected with a few days in future.

You must of not read the articles about the PS4 having big drops in framerate?

If the PS4 has drop in framerate, I'm not worried, because there will be updated to settle it quickly. In the future, the Xbox One will COD 1080p, but a game like COD should run easily on Xbox One.

It's just a little damage, but as I say, I'm not worried about the PS4 release.

Oh, so PS4 has framerate drops?

Excellent showing, Infinity Ward and Activision. You have managed to make every single version of your game bad in some form without it even looking that much better than Black Ops 2. Good job!

I wonder why some games can not hit native 1080p 60fps and others can?
I was looking at some YT videos last night and a bunch of Xbox One games are running native 1080p.

Maybe too much going on or trying to do too much in the games?

I wonder why some games can not hit native 1080p 60fps and others can?
I was looking at some YT videos last night and a bunch of Xbox One games are running native 1080p.

Maybe too much going on or trying to do too much in the games?

I seriously think it's a case of Infinity Ward being lazy *******s, in this case. The game barely looks that much better than Black Ops 2 but has much more issues (on every single system, apparently).

If the developer cares at all about what they're developing, they can try to reach native 1080p with 60FPS. In Infinity Ward's case, I simply think they don't give a **** anymore. The game's gonna sell millions regardless of how awful it is, anyway.

Must have been frustrating for the developers to try and get that high resolution and frame rate. Looks like the PS4 has the first tangible power advantage out of the gate.

You know, I don't care too much about the resolution so I think they did the right thing focusing on the FPS.
The difference between 20 FPS and 40+ FPS is abysmal, even more so if you're playing a multiplayer game. Since the main focus of CoD is its multiplayer it's only natural that they'd focus on the FPS instead of the resolution.
That said, I don't think the game looks that impressive graphically speaking, so this is probably just a case of developers and publishers being lazy.

Anyone else heard this?????

I saw a video on YT last night, sorry I can't find the link again, and it showed side by side that part of Ghost is taken
directly from an earlier COD, I think it was 2, and not new at all.

I am still getting it, but like you said this was obvious so how many other things are in there?

Also (just my own thoughts not facts) maybe they used so much of the older games in it and that's why they had so many problems trying to get it to native 1080p.

I think people are seriously overreacting to this. Console games will not, and probably never will, look as good as PC games on high settings. If you're only worried about graphics, then console gaming probably isn't for you.

That said, the graphical differences between the two consoles aren't really that noticeable. Hell, even the Wii U version doesn't look that much worse than the others. Right now, the only major determining factor in choosing the console you buy should be the exclusives, though picking the one your friends are getting may also play a part.

The game looks nice on all platforms - I think people need to stop worrying about it being 720p rather than 1080p.

720p. 1080p. Pfft... People are losing track of the real issue here, which being IW ****ing up here. Considering the fact that a lot of games safely run 1080p native on X1, I doubt the 720p issue is the console's fault. Basically IW ****ed up here even if it won't affect the game a lot in my opinion. Then there is the issue of frame rate drop on the PS4. Again something that I don't think is an issue with other games. Strike 2 against IW. Now, I hear that they are copying cutscenes from older games on a game which already has a very small campaign time.

That bloody campaign better be beyond good.

meh, ive said before that graphics dont necessarily make or break a game. I mean look at the Wii, it sold and sells tons of units and the graphics arent THAT great compared to the other systems. The fun is what counts.

On the flip side, if someone IS a COD fan, and IS a graphics nut and wants his game to run at the best possible res and frame rate, that person may end up going with a PS4 unless theyre extremely loyal to xbox. Thats a very small percentage of people though, im willing to bet.

I wouldn't say it would stop me from purchasing the console, because while I'm not an Xbox mark, I will eventually end up purchasing the system down the line. I think for the average consumers though, hearing "more powerful at a cheaper price" could be a deal closer for many when it comes to buying a PS4 or Xbox One. I think the Xbox One will have the fuller experience though in terms of entertainment and social connectivity as this was there main focus coming into this generations console wars.

I don't see why people make a big deal out of such a slight difference. Its actually so trivial that most people would not notice any difference between the two displays if they aren't put side to side, and on pictures, cause trust me its harder to notice the differences in direct gameplay.

Why should it? It didn't even get me to hesitate, not even talking about considering another console.
I do not really need the 1080p, like really? why would you? Its not like if you have a HUUUGE TV, since then it would only matter.

Why should it? It didn't even get me to hesitate, not even talking about considering another console.
I do not really need the 1080p, like really? why would you? Its not like if you have a HUUUGE TV, since then it would only matter.

Well resolution does really directly correlate to TV size and is actually a matter of distance. Regardless, to you point, I have a 65" inch and it would be a noticeable difference.

Back