Xbox One Can you sell a game you only downloaded?

rkkeller

Old School casual player.
From
NJ
I know if I buy a game in the store I can sell or trade it later if I want.

If I buy a game and only download it, is there some activation code or number of some kind I get so I can sell
my download later on?

As of right now, no. BUT it may happen sometime down the line. Here's an excerpt from a recent Gamespot article:

"Great feature we'd like to add in someday, but it won't be there at launch," Hryb said.

Xbox director of product planning Albert Penello saidin September that Microsoft originally planned to support trading and loaning of digital Xbox One games for launch. This functionality was dropped, however, when Microsoft changed some of its controversial policies this summer.

As of now I dont believe you will be able to. There was talk about about it earlier during the reveal but it got nixed. It may make a comebavk though

That's an interesting question. I remember hearing something about sharing downloaded games but haven't heard anything about it in a long time. It would be really cool if they did add that ability in...

I am not a game saver like some are and usually after I beat something or get bored I sell or trade it to get something else.
It also helps when I don't have a lot of extra $ and want something different.

So trading and selling is big to me.

I'm kind of the opposite; I'm not much on selling my games after I buy them (because you can never get what you gave to begin with) so it doesn't bother me that you can't resell them at this point. It would be nice if you could share them, though.

Not at launch. Marc Whitten said it may be implemented in the future.

I'm with Monkeybread, only I take it one step further. I won't sell games out of spite. You're gonna give me $3 and turn around and sell it for $12. I'll just hang onto it, thanks. Although I would like to be able to loan them to a friend, but even then you never get them back. So f..k it. Just charge me $10 less and we can call it even.

Although I would like to be able to loan them to a friend, but even then you never get them back..

So true about lending them to a friend. That even reminded me I never got back Oblivion for the PC I lent to my neighbor so they could try it.

Back