Xbox 360 Cheat codes

SiA360

From
Florida
I think this applies to single player only, at least for me, but do any of you like to use cheat codes sometimes? I use to think it would take away from the game, but some of the codes do make different games more fun. I use to play Grand Theft Auto on the original Xbox, and that version was my favorite simply because of the codes. I loved using the vehicles I could never unlock and my favorite was the jetpack! I'd fly everywhere with that thing.

I think using cheat codes are fine, as long as you do not use them too much. If you are still having fun, when using cheat codes,
then that is all that matters.

I agree that it all comes down to "Is the game still fun?" A game doesn't have to be challenging to be fun. Cheat codes kind of fall into the same realm as mods, imo. Is it still fun after the mod? Then it's a good mod.

(My brother laughed at me when I installed all sorts of mods to make Oblivion realistic, and then a mod to give myself a Bag Of Holding.)

I agree that it all comes down to "Is the game still fun?" A game doesn't have to be challenging to be fun. Cheat codes kind of fall into the same realm as mods, imo. Is it still fun after the mod? Then it's a good mod.

(My brother laughed at me when I installed all sorts of mods to make Oblivion realistic, and then a mod to give myself a Bag Of Holding.)

I only use a cheat code when I'm stuck on the game and the only option for me was to cheat. As for GTA, I love the tank cheat because I feel invincible while the tank is trampling other vehicles.

Yeah, in single player I will use them. I don't even try to cheat in multiplayer games. I don't like people who do or need a modded controller to be better. I've been accused of cheating and told I was reported a few times, but when you have 40 or 50 days of game time in a game and the other person is new, of course they are going to get destroyed. Doesn't mean I'm cheating.

What's kind of funny is in single-player games, a lot of times the computer cheats, like in Age of Empires the AI opponent would cheat to give itself more resources.

After I have played a game for a while, on my own, I will use cheat codes. It makes the game more interesting. If I am playing a multi player game, I never use cheat codes.

Back