Xbox One connecting xbox one to pc monitor with sound

veda

so connecting the Xbox 360 to a PC monitor and to have sound you need to use a HD-AV cable. but i couldn't help noticing that the Xbox one doesn't have a HD-AV slot in the back (correct me if im wrong). and now that the current Xbox 360 headsets will NOT be compatible with Xbox one until Microsoft comes out with this "adapter" how can we connect the Xbox one to the PC monitor with sound?.

i would hate to play on my TV until this "adapter" comes out due to the ms response time on tv's is much higher.

Appreciate any feedback :)

Doesn't the Xbox one come with HDMI?
It would be simple to connect it to a HDMI monitor then

it does come with hdmi, but theres no extension from the hdmi to plug into the speakers. the HD-AV cable had that expension.

I'm guessing then you would connect the Xbone to the monitor through HDMI, and assuming your monitor does not have sound, you then connect the monitor to your speakers .

The way that Ridwan said it is one way to do it. If you go onto amazon or a site that talks about audio setup through various means, you'll find a lot of people have had to buy additional parts to get an HDMI connection setup with sound. There's going to be some answers that will be better to this question. I think if I were you, since I have limited knowledge of what's best, I would wait for someone to put up a youtube tutorial or something like that on how they do the same thing. I too like to have consoles hooked up to monitors so I get it.

Seriously, all you have to do is connect a HDMI from the screen to the xbox, don't need to have more trouble than that and you get both video and audio.

Back