Xbox 360 Data recovery - im panicking and posting on every forum i can

e3e333e3e3ee3e3e3e

ummm ok so i had bought a 2nd xbox i wanted to use for a backup, i configured a usb in the 1st xbox, but when i put it in the 2nd xbox, it couldnt see what was on there for some reason and only gave me the option to configure it again. so i decided to try that, then transfer everything again, even tho it took a long time

well my dumb ass assumed it copied the files, but it moves them. so i just formatted the usb with my 14 or 15 year old profile and a bunch of my saves with no backup. now instead of making a backup, im looking for ways to get my stuff back. i made it way worse

problem is pcs cant read xbox "language" without special software. this is what i found: USB XTAF Explorer | GruntMods is there a way to use something like this in conjunction with a recovery software???

i cancelled the format as soon as i started it when i realized i should probably check it copied and didnt move, but if it cant be recovered from the usb, how the hell can one possibly connect the hdd to a pc in the first place? i took it off for the first time ever and it doesnt have a sata connection or anything. its the weird proprietary design on the fats. but i think ive heard of people connecting them somehowdepressed cigarette pepe.jpg

Did you happen to upload any of your game saves to the 360 cloud?
I did that to continue some backwards compatible 360 games on xb1x and xbsx.

Did you happen to upload any of your game saves to the 360 cloud?
I did that to continue some backwards compatible 360 games on xb1x and xbsx.
nope
its been a while since i posted this, at first i tried working on the usb drive and although i got to see some interesting game files, i had no success, i learned a lot more since though, and recently i took off the hard drive container thing for the first time ever, butchered it and put it into my pc, and looked at it with this GitHub - aerosoul94/FATXTools: FATX Data Recovery Tools (C#)
i just dont know what to do with it now. nothing in that software is really explained

I tried to use FATXTools on Windows 10 but it won't let me open any devices.
I'm going to look into FATXplorer at FATXplorer » Information and see if it can help in anyway. I think this supposed to be run on the 360 but I'm not sure yet.

FATXplorer does run on Windows 10 for me. Try installing this and see if it can recover the FATX partition.
Edit: I will try doing what you did with my 360 on USB flash drive and see what happens.

I haven't had time to get into FATXplorer but it looks promising.

One data recovery software you might want to try is DiskGenius
DiskGenius: Data Recovery, Partition Manager, Backup & Disk Utilities

Here's my question and their answer:
Can DiskGenius recover FATX partitions?
"Hi,
If you want to recover data, you can first use the software's free scanning and preview functions to confirm that the data can be recovered before purchasing the software.

Best regards,
Eassos

support@eassos.com"

FATXplorer does run on Windows 10 for me. Try installing this and see if it can recover the FATX partition.
Edit: I will try doing what you did with my 360 on USB flash drive and see what happens.
i didnt have any issues with running fatxtools (but i have a different windows), my only issue was that i didnt know what to do with it lol. ill try fatxplorer tho, i had heard of it but didnt think it was for this purpose, now ive read it can do recovery stuff too
with the usb, i first tried recovering off the usb and failed, now im trying with the hard drive - i kinda remember being told something like, over time while u have a usb drive connected to a pc, it wipes the stuff marked as deleted? kinda vague i know

in case someone comes across this and has a similar problem i just wanna say i fixed it and this is what i used

i recovered with the free trial of fatxplorer, my profile was corrupted so i tried "uncorrupting" it using batch con flag remover, le fluffie and horizon, this failed but i ended up being able to assign the saves to a new profile using horizon

Back