Do you actually buy PC games?

I have never bought a pc game. All the games I have in custody are in my hand passed from my friends and cousins.

Yup. I buy all my games off steam. I like to support the developers that make the games. Also, steam always has sales so the prices aren't even outrageous. Pirated games sometimes don't work and I don't want to go through that headache.

I would lie if I said I have never downloaded a game, but I do buy vast majority of them. Steam has made buying pc games so easy and cheap that you might as well support the developers for the content they provide.

With how easy it is to buy games from Steams, the indie bundles and the constant sales... I find it very hard to NOT buy games. I have around 300 games on Steam, I admit I have not even played a quarter of that. Part of the thing is that I sometimes buy indie bundles for a game or two but I end up getting like 4 other games I really have no interest on. Also, my connection is slow so downloading all the games takes a long time!

That said, I do sometimes download a... "backup" copy. My computer isn't that great, so I like to try to see if the games even RUN on this computer before I take the plunge. If the game runs and is cool, I'll buy. Though sometimes I just buy the game and then pray that it works, I did it with both Dark Souls on PC, haha. They worked great, compared to the console versions, so it's all good.

I buy PC games a lot nowadays.
They are dirt cheap and there's usually plenty of advantages to buying them, even if it's just to have access to the Steam Workshop or playing online.
There are some PC games that you can find a deal on for $10 where on console you'd have to pay $60, it's not even a comparable purchase.

I buy PC games a lot nowadays.
They are dirt cheap and there's usually plenty of advantages to buying them, even if it's just to have access to the Steam Workshop or playing online.
There are some PC games that you can find a deal on for $10 where on console you'd have to pay $60, it's not even a comparable purchase.
This. Steam sales and other cheap markets like Humble Bundle are main thing that puts PC gaming at a higher position in my opinion

This. Steam sales and other cheap markets like Humble Bundle are main thing that puts PC gaming at a higher position in my opinion

It has actually spoiled me a bit too much to be honest, I'm almost unable to force myself to buy any game that isn't at least 50% off, because I know that it will eventually be up for sale for that or more.

If it's on both PC and console, I'll usually go for the console version. I'm set in my ways. However, I love the indie games that are on steam and splurge every once in a while.

It has actually spoiled me a bit too much to be honest, I'm almost unable to force myself to buy any game that isn't at least 50% off, because I know that it will eventually be up for sale for that or more.

Yeah, it makes the PC market be more of a slow burn because most games sell more when they're old and on sale. PC gets less day one purchases. It's all profit for the devs and pubs though, unlike used games on consoles, so everyone wins.

I used to but the reality is that there are so many sites out there with free or low cost games that it doesn't make much sense to do so. Once or twice a year I might get one but otherwise I don't bother.

To be blatantly honest, I never pay for all my games. Yeah, I admitted it for the first time. But there are games that I cant play legally like most of the Ubisoft's games. I am still waiting for the damn Watch Dogs to be fixed.

I'm not going to lie. Sometimes we do pirate things in this house. However I tend to not do this with games anymore, and when I did, I used them as a sort of demo of the full game. I'd play it for a bit, and if I liked it I'd buy the full game. If I didn't like it, well I'd stop playing, uninstall it and no harm no foul.

No matter what platform I am getting my games on I always like to make sure that I pay for them. I just think that it is unfair that they spend months and months trying to create something for us to enjoy and all we can do is steal it. I just think that to keep our video game industry thriving that we should always try to purchase our games not matter the platform because you never know when that might come back to get us in the future.

I only pirate if there is no demo, and delete it once I've gotten enough of my preview that I need.

Generally I just download them when I want them, its cheaper for me to do it that way. I don't play a game forever and ever. I will play it for awhile and then lose interest. I was getting them at the store but this way is simpler for me.

I myself do actually buy a lot of my games, there are times where I might torrent one that I want to play but maybe is too expensive for the quality of the actual game.
Having things like Humble Bundle and the Steam sale certainly help me decied against not supporting the developer of a game I enjoy and in this age of few demos I do sometimes torrent and then buy a game if I enjoy it enough.

You mean the disc or the digital download? As for me, I have a very slow internet connection and downloading something off of Steam can take forever to finish so I do buy PC game discs. As for pirating stuff, well I only pirate games to test them out. If I like the game and I think it's worthy of my hard earned salary then I would go buy it if I think the game is crap then I just uninstall the damn thing. Come on dude, PC games are cheap. I bought the whole Mass Effect Trilogy for less than $20.

I dont play single-player PC games b/c I find them to be boring. So yes, I do buy PC games.

The last game I pirated was euro truck simulator and then I bought the code after I played it the game is just awesome

If it's cheaper on PC I would always get it there rather than console but I would sometimes pirate the game first to check if it's any good but I always pay for a legal copy at the end :p

Back