Xbox 360 Do you prefer gaming alone or with friends?

A0130

Certain games are better played with people, and some alone. Which are your favorites?

I guess I'm a "lone wolf". I prefer to play games alone so I can go at my own pace, even for games which are supposedly better in co-op like Borderlands. Sure, I like co-op, but solo is where it's at for me.

For me it depends on the game. If I'm starting a game my friends already own or it's a new IP, I'll play solo to get the feel for it and adjust to the controllers. But generally, I prefer to play co-op games with my friends. If none of them are online, or are playing something else I'll occasionally play with random people. But, as I'm sure we all know, that can be a hit or miss proposition.

When I first signed up for Xbox Live, I only had a few real life friends to choose from. But when I started playing "Left 4 Dead" I would just join any game and found most of the 70 people on my friends list from doing that. I still play with these same people (for the most part) every weekend. Personally it's not just about the gaming, but the ruthless bickering, taunting, insulting, and general "jack assery" that only friends would understand! :)

I prefer to play alone - one of the biggest lures for me in terms of gaming is exploration of a fully realized world. Exploration is generally not the name of the game when it comes to co-op or multiplayer so those realms don't appeal to me as much. Another thing is that I like to relax when gaming and I find that easier to do when I don't have to deal with other people. That said I can and will do multiplayer particularly when it comes to FPS, but it's the least important thing to me overall.

I guess I'm a "lone wolf". I prefer to play games alone so I can go at my own pace, even for games which are supposedly better in co-op like Borderlands. Sure, I like co-op, but solo is where it's at for me.

I would have to agree with you on that. I won't say that sometimes i can have a blast with a co-op partner or maybe some friendly matches against each other, but most of the times i want to explore stuff very carefully, look for everything and try everything, and that pisses a lot of people off.

Well barely any of my friends own a PS3 and those that do barely play online. So yea...I usually game alone.

Of course there is my brother and we're always gaming together...but that's more like offline thing lol. We don't even have 2 controllers! So we can just watch each other play.

But to be honest I don't mind it. I'm not all that interested in multiplayer anyways.

It depends on the game. Sports games and things like this are better with friends but games with a story like rpgs o survival horror is more intense when being played by only one person.

While it does depend on the game, I prefer to play solitary most of the time. I do get pretty competitive and I can play with others...even cooperatively, but it's not as fun to me.

I prefer gaming with friends all the time. I tend not to buy games that are not multiplayer or co-op. I just can't stand playing by myself. You have a more enjoyable experience when you share it with others, especially your friends. Most FPS games are better when playing with people you know.

I prefer couch coop, but those are rare nowadays.

I usually prefer to play alone most of the time. There are times that I may have to play with others local and/or online because I'm a bit of an award hunter. The online aspect of gaming never is an issue for me when making purchases because 90% of the time I don't care for it to start with.

I was going to say "alone", but I realized I play a lot of games with my friends. Not only that, the games I don't play with my friends are games that I'm playing with other people online. Now that I think about it, I'm rarely enveloped in a single-player world. I never put nearly as much hours into the Call of Duty campaign as I did in Deathmatch. I guess I just really like the interaction aspect.

I almost exclusively video game with friends. It's usually because I have limited free time. I work full time and don't have much time to video game except on the weekends. I tend to hang out with my friends and play sports, racing and puzzle games. When I was younger I used to video game all the time alone. That was when I was in school and had more free time. Nowadays it has become more of a social activity. Kind of like a modern day board game.

I'm more of a play alone, unless the person is in the same room. I'm not as big a multiplayer online player as my husband and son are. It creeps me out a bit, ha!:D

I'm more of a play alone, unless the person is in the same room. I'm not as big a multiplayer online player as my husband and son are. It creeps me out a bit, ha!:D

Really? I tend to feel more... frustration I guess. I don't like hearing a bunch of idiots yelling or spazzing or whatever. I also don't feel like dealing with others if I don't have to. I mean I do that enough at work without having that come into my house. Also I like exploring and that's more of an individual activity.

I prefer gaming with friends much more than gaming by myself. When you play video games with your friends you have way more fun that you would if you were playing that game by yourself. Although there are some games, I would much rather play by myself.

Certain games are better played with people, and some alone. Which are your favorites?

I prefer to play online with friends for the most part, but some games don't lend themselves well to that and some games don't have online multiplayer options at all. Games like Tomb Raider, for instance (comes to mind because I've been playing Underworld for the past couple nights) are better played alone.

It definitely all depends on the mood I'm in at the time. I like to play alone sometimes and other times, I wont play at all if I'm not playing with friends. It also depends on the game I'm playing and if my friends feel like playing the same game.

I've always liked gaming by myself since I like exploration and stories that go alongside gameplay well much more than with someone else that I'm most likely going to talk with that's going to ruin the story and dialogue. If it's just something like Call of Duty where we play around without any main goal, then sure. But otherwise I enjoy singleplayer more than anything.

I think that it really depends on the game itself. There are many games that I prefer to play on my own as I feel that I take in more and can really take the time to explore and discover things that I might not if I am playing with a friend. Other games are more fun to play with others and I'll usually wait to do so when I have friends around. For the most part I would definitely consider myself a lone gamer.

Back