Xbox 360 Do you prefer gaming alone or with friends?

I prefer gaming alone, I dislike the distractions when I'm gaming. I want to focus and immerse in the game unless it's a coop game where the other player is not next to me. I don't like having someone next to me and side seat playing the game like how I dislike side seat driving.

I don't mind playing with a group unless there's a game that I want to finish on my own. Well I'm totally into role playing games but I wouldn't mind playing adventure games from time to time. I'm also into FPS games, well it's better playing FPS games with other players especially in a group.

I like playing with other people, it's always a bonding experience. However, the TV in my house isn't really big enough (in my opinion) to play split screen with, so I usually can't organize a play group. Playing through Live or PSN isn't as fun, but it's better than playing by myself. Playing Michal Myers on Call of Duty is my favorite split screen game.

Depends on the game really. If it is a narrative, story driven experience, i prefer solitude. If its pure mad bliss, bring out the friend lists!

I prefer playing with friends more, but only if they bring their own controllers.

So true. It'll be better if they had their own controllers, in my case my controllers get abused by these guys. Haha. They don't even bring their own.

To paraphrase a certain fedora wearing cynic, games should be able to stand on their single-player.

However, borderlands is a hella more fun with a friend.

The single player mode is what actually moves a company to keep putting out sequels of a franchise, but some stand better on multiplayer. I mentioned it before, but if a game just had multiplayer you really wouldn't need to put sequels out every year. You're talking 2-3 years and regular support with DLC and updates. You can release a multiplayer-only game every year, but it really kind of...defeats the purpose.

So true. It'll be better if they had their own controllers, in my case my controllers get abused by these guys. Haha. They don't even bring their own.

That's the main reason, people will just drop a controller if they lose, tug on the cord (which is can be disconnected, but still), one friend chewed on the cord while playing. Like seriously, bring your own controller. These things aren't inexpensive like back in the mid 90s and earlier like $10-$15 for original controllers. They're like $20-soft $35 now...less if you're going for a cheapo.

My kids are social players, but they prefer having people over to play rather than playing online. Games are just more fun with friends. the issue for them is that so few games are made to be played with more than one player in one room. How can games be made to play with up to 8 players online but only one person can play in person? I have never understood the ideology behind that? And how come they can't expand this multiplayer ability to allow us to choose between a single player at home or more? My son and daughter will oftentimes log in online on their respective systems and then play in the same room together.

I'm a mix to be honest, i like playing some games by myself (Manager Mode in Fifa is a good start where i can fully get into it at my own pace without some random person always wanting to be Barcelona, Bayern Munich, Real Madrid etc which gets boring) and some I have to play with some friends like Call Of Duty Zombies which is great fun whilst playing.

I enjoy playing with friends online but I tend to game on my Xbox alone. Most games I play are one player on the Xbox but I do enjoy playing with friends on multi-player modes. Zombie/survival games are one of my favorites to play with friends.

LAN Games are great but make sure all your friends have their own controllers! I've had my controllers stolen many times.

I honestly prefer playing games alone for all sorts of reasons. One is that I’m usually one to play a lot of games I would still have for years because I’m skeptical whenever having to buy a new game (and most likely will get a used one instead).

I guess for me, the hype in having the latest game or the one with the biggest hype is just going to make a bigger hole in my wallet. To me, games are just another chance to really get into the whole virtual experiential reality with whatever aspects the developers had in mind. And frankly, without that private introspection in diving deeper into the core of the games like the sense of morale and all that, I probably would’ve been in a major plateau effect in creativity without it.

If I play with someone else, that speculation automatically shuts down because I prefer them having the luxury of hospitality than myself. And I secretively have an annoying habit where my ego just goes nuts if I’m allowing children or anyone else to play a game failing so hard that I have experience in.

Nothing bothers me more than having the urge to tell those individuals at whatever age, “Press this, that, and that.” It usually starts euphemistically, but then I start getting passive aggressive and just watch them die like 500 times. I used to play with good gamers, but they seem to have a natural trend of just losing the novelty of gaming.

If it’s something like a multiplayer, I will be more than happy to play with anyone, though I will not hold back whatsoever if I know I’m good at the game. But if it’s single player or even co-op, I just let them play and watch while doing something else.

LAN Games are great but make sure all your friends have their own controllers! I've had my controllers stolen many times.

Wow, you must have some nasty friends. Well I had mine stolen once when I hosted a party way back but ever since then I never let anyone play without them bringing their own controllers.

Wow, you must have some nasty friends. Well I had mine stolen once when I hosted a party way back but ever since then I never let anyone play without them bringing their own controllers.
That was my thought. I don't have any friends that I don't trust though... I just have a small group of friends that are pretty close. I've never had the issue of worrying about theft from one of them.
If I were to through a party of invite just acquaintences, I could see the issue occurring though. Short and simple, know who's there and make sure they're trustworthy... or keep an eye on them.

I would say most of the time I prefer to play games alone but if my friends have the game also and it has multiplayer I will usually spend some time with them. Single-player games just seem to be more fun than most multiplayer modes anyway, though GTA V is still pretty darn fun.

I am fine with both. I would say most of the time i prefer playing alone because most of my favorite games are single player games.

Really depends, I definitely prefer to be on my own when doing something seriously, I don't need the distractions! Online multiplayer games are definitely more fun with friends though, but even then I prefer it to be purely online and not fighting over the controller with someone else. Splitscreen is so bad its not even an option on my tiny display.

I've been playing Multiplayer since Halo 2, so its safe to say I prefer multiplayer games with other people in the game. I can't stand split-screen with friends/family though. Screen gets too small and just isn't any fun for me.

I usually prefer to play on my own. I've had some fun co-op or online multiplayer experiences but I can get into games more when I'm just on my own.

Certain games are better played with people, and some alone. Which are your favorites?

depends on the mood I'm in or the game itself, I like open world RPGs like Kingdoms of Amalure and Skyrim, can't play those with company, but if I want to do something with my buds I'd play Battlefield or Call of Duty or Gears of War or something like that with them, so its dependent on my mood

Back