Original Xbox Do you still use your XBOX?

ManofOneWay

Since the XBOX one was released, and even before that I didn't play as much as before. My XBOX had quite a lot of dust on it to be honest. I still played the old KOTOR from time to time since I'm a huge Star Wars fan, and the older GTA series but that was about it. :p

I guess not everyone has the new XBOX so I guess a lot of people still use the old one. So, do you guys still play and how often? Do you plan on geting the One soon or will you still stick to your Original xbox for a while?

Yeah I still play it from time to time. I still pull it out from the closet to take burnout 3 for a test run. Sometimes I still like to play Halo because this is the place that I began in my humble walk of hardcore online gaming.

I assume your talking about the original xbox ? If so, I would if it still worked, and well it does, but it doesnt, if that makes sense. lol.
Its a modded xbox and well i guess one of the partitions on the hdd has died if thats even possible (without the whole hdd dying). Basicly one day the games menu and the apps menu disappeared from the dashboard and i havnt been able to figure out why or how to fix it. So its just sitting in storage for now. If i was able to still play it KOTOR is one of the games i would play and prob flashpoint.

I still play my original XBOX with my friends and family. Most of the time I play Fight Night and project gotham. The XBOX still has some momentum in my opinion.

Nah, sold it on Ebay and used the money to buy some 360 titles, it was cool...

Yes I do sometimes. I just use my Xbox to finish some of the games that I went AWOL on 10 years ago and needless to say I have a lot of games on my list of "Unfinished games that needs to be scratched out for good measure".

I agree. I quit gaming for a while but decided to buy an original xbox and get back into the old school days. Project Gotham Racing is still an incredible game. It looks so awesome on a big screen tv! You ever play MLB sluggfest?

ahahaha I know what you mean. I never finished Mercenaries Playground of Destruction so now, 6 years later, I'm going to finish it!
what games are you playing right now? I just started Deux Ex Invisible War

Nope, I sold it a long time ago. The thing was too bulky and heavy to properly store anyway :D And most of the games are available to play on other systems. Honestly, I don't miss it. My XB 360 on the other hand, I don't plan on selling any time soon.

Since the XBOX one was released, and even before that I didn't play as much as before. My XBOX had quite a lot of dust on it to be honest. I still played the old KOTOR from time to time since I'm a huge Star Wars fan, and the older GTA series but that was about it. :p

I guess not everyone has the new XBOX so I guess a lot of people still use the old one. So, do you guys still play and how often? Do you plan on geting the One soon or will you still stick to your Original xbox for a while?

I got an Xbox One not too long after it came out but I still use my 360 a lot. I stopped using my original Xbox a long time ago, though. There just aren't that many original Xbox games I like; definitely not enough to justify keeping the console plugged up.

I never even had an original Xbox, so no, I'm not still using one. ;) I did keep my 360 when I got my One, though. I still play on it probably twice a week.

It's been almost 10 years since it came out. I remember buying it. I remember playing the stuff at my old house. It was freaking awesome and this little box means a lot to me.

I've got an Xbox ONE but I do still play my Xbox 360 from time to time, not so much the original Xbox though. While I have strill got it, and last time I checked it still worked, there aren't any games in there now that I miss enough to dust it off and play anymore.

Well I can officially say that I retired mine not too long ago. I usually keep consoles around for some time, but there was really nothing special about it anymore and no real reason for me to keep it. I still have most of the other ones, but this was just taking up space, and the way I see it it just makes room, which means I need to buy a newer one.

Time stands still for no man (or console) I guess, and while I do think that the older consoles still have some sort of sentimental value, one day the day comes when you just have to say enough is enough. If we kept every console we'd ever had, there wouldn't be any room left for the new ones so while it might be tinged with sadness finally getting rid of consoles such as the original Xbox, not many of us would still be playing it anyway when we have the Xbox 360 and the Xbox ONE anyway.

I've actually been thinking about buying one from a thrift store and starting to collect old Xbox titles, actually. When I was there last week they had one for $16 but it was very dusty, and came with no cords or controllers and the controllers they had separately were in really bad shape, so I decided to pass.

The original Xbox over here in the UK is quite a rare find these days, and most of them have that much wear and tear on them that they simply aren't worth the money no matter how cheap they are. While I understand that we're not going to get one that's in mint condition, at the same time we want one that is actually going to work and isn't just going to be a paperweight within a couple of weeks.

I did make the decision to get rid of my original XBox a little while back, and then I immediately regretted it when I read an article on the value of old toys. Of course it would take a while to appreciate that value, but some of the stuff I had when I was a kid is going for thousands of dollars now, so if I were to just hide it in a corner somewhere, who knows what it would be worth 30 years down the road. Oh well, I guess I will see if someone else can benefit from that down the road.

I don't use it anymore, I don't know why, I guess it's because I don't see the need because there weren't any games on the first XBOX that I would rather play on the XBOX itself. I keep it because I think it will be worth a lot of money in the future.

Believe it or not, but I still play my PS1 every now and then, and the PS2, I just never play the XBOX systems when they are upgraded for some reason.

Back