DuckTales: Remastered

fantanoice

Website
www.dashingforums.com
I adored this game on the NES and it was probably the earliest example of a not-atrocious game based off an existing IP. I'm so excited to play the remake! Will anybody else be picking it up?

I am amazed that they managed to secure all the original voice actors for it, including Alan Young - the voice of Scrooge McDuck - who is now in his 90s.

How cool! I'm interested in that. I remember playing that on NES all the time. I think I remember the Himalayas being one if the levels, and bouncing off his walking stick. I adored that game. I'm going to check out the remake.

Already played it and finished on the PC.
It is a pretty great game if you play it with the nostalgia at maximum power and ignore how short the game is. The levels are fun, the gameplay is fluid and the music is great, so i don't see a reason to not get this game.

For anybody looking to play it on Steam, you may want to consider buying a key from GreenManGaming. $15, with an additional 20% off if you use this voucher:
Voucher-Low-offer-box02_.jpg

Link to game here

I'm personally getting it for Wii U, mainly because my OCD is telling me that I simply cannot buy it on a non-Nintendo console because the original was on the NES, but it might be of use to some of you other folks..

Already played it and finished on the PC.
It is a pretty great game if you play it with the nostalgia at maximum power and ignore how short the game is. The levels are fun, the gameplay is fluid and the music is great, so i don't see a reason to not get this game.

I wondered about that. I've tried to play old games as well as movies from my childhood in the past. Sometimes the nostalgia helps hold them up and other times to much time has passed. Especially on video games.i look at burger time for Nintendo, compared to apps where you pretend your working at a burger joint and the improvement on graphics is obviously astounding. I want to try Duck Tales though. I remember it so fondly and the background music. It's funny, even just a few years later the Aladdin game for Super NES had much better graphics.

I'd be willing to pay a few bucks to download certain old games and play them now. We bought paperboy off the arcade in Xbox and as crappy as those graphics are, we still played it and enjoyed it. I'm sure that's mostly due to the fact that we loved it as kids.

This just pretty much made me giddy. I loved Ducktales when I was young and the game was so well done. That thing could have been a piece of junk but from start to finish its actually pretty challenging and it had some iconic music in that 8 bit era. The thing about that game as well is that you'll find the set pieces aren't recycled in corny ways. Good examples of bad set piece design would be like games where they force you to play a level and then the level is ...backwards or something like that... Simon's Quest...

Anyway, I'm excited about this news and would kick start it!

I have yet to play the NES title, but I've heard many good things about it, so I might just pick up this remastered version. I also concede that game adaptations of other media are often horrible, especially in the NES days, so this game must be a gem.

This thread brings me back to the days of Bubble Bobble, Little Nemo In Lumberland, Paperboy, etc.i need to get my hands on this!
I'd love them to remaster some other oldies.

Seems like a really old game something i'm not into, i'm not going to slate anyone who plays though just the old gaming generation i am not into to as i like great gameplay like call of duty and ok graphics.

Brad, yeah, graphics have come a really long way since this game came out. In comparison to the graphics of games today I can see why people would be thinking to themselves " why in the heck would I want to bother with some old crappy game?". For me it's mainly the fond memories, as it came out when I was in Gradeschool.

I really want to get this game, I never played the original, at least not too much, but it still looks fun, hopefully they re-do more old games like this :)!

So I guess it doesn't come out until 9/11 for the Xbox, but it's currently at the Playstation Store for 14.99. I'm going to get it as soon as I can :)

I can't stop singing along with the trailer ;) I'm a geek. It's probobly strictly for nostalgic reasons, I don't know how great the game is yet.

I think that the Angry Video Game Nerd did something on Ducktales at some point and I wonder if it got taken down because of CopyWrite issues but he used the term "You go around and pogo ****" things. I laughed so hard I almost cried. I can't wait to play this! Good find alycat on the information, sing all you want!

I'm still waiting to get it. It's a measly 15 bucks but we had more important stuff to take care of first, bah ;)

Back