Xbox One EA Named Worst Company in America

SkintTight

According to a poll conducted by consumerist, EA has been voted the worst company in America for a second year in a row. With a whopping 78% of the total vote, the company behind titles such as the Mass Effect trilogy, Army of Two, Battlefield, Madden, and Sim City was a shoo-in to repeat as the worst company in the U.S. according to consumers (followed by Bank of America).

Here were some of the lessons that EA should have learned from winning this "prestigious" award but failed to for 2 years in a row (As according to consumerist.com):

1) Provide a product people want and like
2) Sell your product at a reasonable price
3) Support the products you sell

What do you guys think? Does EA deserve to be called the worst company? Do their business practices or attitudes towards their customers warrant that much disdain towards the company?

Source Articles:
http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2013/04/09/ea-voted-worst-company-in-america-again/

http://consumerist.com/2013/04/09/ea-makes-worst-company-in-america-history-wins-title-for-second-year-in-a-row/

Thoughts?

I read about this and thought it was pretty funny. A lot of people have been unhappy with their games.

I don't really play their games anymore, but my brother got the new SimCity and said you had to be online to play it, no matter what, and apparently that made A LOT of people upset.

I don't understand the logic behind it, but it does seem that EA has been making some bad decisions :/

They never really managed to get out of doing sports games. They also price their games too high, and their company harkens back to the 90's too much. They have needed an overhaul for awhile now. I would think winning again the WORST award should wake some folks up in the EA front offices. Or maybe not?

I'm a little surpised at this actually. Ever since I was young I've always been a fan of EA games. I think they make great games, but like the above poster, I agree that they did tend to be a let down on sports games. Aside from that though, I think they make good quality games, and classics such as Need for Speed and The Sims!

I was a fan when I was younger too. But once I turned 21 it's like you never heard of EA again beyond sports games. They never expanded or broadened their horizons. Any company that doesn't, is bound to fail.

This does surprise me. I have never been into many EA games, I do like Burnout, though (I am pretty sure that is EA). I have had lots of friends that play more of their games, at least used to when they were younger. It would appear like EA isn't really going into games for mass audiences, but very targeted nd charging higher prices to compensate for low number of buyers. But, I didn't think they were the worst in America!

Well, at least people are talking about the company. Bad publicity is still publicity. Though EA is the worst company in America right now, I think it's not the worst financially. People keep taking about the company and gamers still support their products.

It's ridiculous that a gaming company can be considered the "worst company" of any country. Then again, if I remember correctly the award is a golden poop so the whole thing is silly anyway...

It's ridiculous that a gaming company can be considered the "worst company" of any country. Then again, if I remember correctly the award is a golden poop so the whole thing is silly anyway...

Well I guess for gamers or the gaming industry, they're the worst. But in America by large, they'd probably be very far behind the banks, Wal-Marts, and Hostesses of the world. Everybody seems to hate Wal-Mart, Hostess has caused atwinkie and bread shortage by going bankrupt, and the banks ruined our national economy for years to come.

I thought that they were starting to come back from there old way, but obviously not. Can't say its to much of a surprise though.

Well I guess for gamers or the gaming industry, they're the worst. But in America by large, they'd probably be very far behind the banks, Wal-Marts, and Hostesses of the world. Everybody seems to hate Wal-Mart, Hostess has caused atwinkie and bread shortage by going bankrupt, and the banks ruined our national economy for years to come.

Which is exactly why I think that it's ridiculous! They haven't screwed things up as badly. They have pushed some crappy things like always-on DRM for Sim City and micropayments for Dead Space 3 (which are completely optional, anyway) but I'd say that's far from making them the worst company in America because they're pitted with companies that have actually done truly evil things.

Really, after the original Sim City, it was all over for me. Maxis was the king at one point, now...

The question I have is whether or not they will even care to change anything about how the operate. After being voted worst company the first time, it didn't do anything. They're probably making enough money to simply not care.

Well, they don't got any one more than themselves to blame, let's expect this to be a wake up call to them, so they can stop doing stupid stuff with out favorite franchises.

They really fooled the people with Sim City, so it's expected for people to be upset and vent at EA Sports. EA is a huge name in gaming, so they should be fine and recover after this problem.

While I never recall EA having a good reputation, (and for good reason) I concede that they're not the most corrupt company out there by any stretch. They're professional money grubbers, but business is business.

EA made a mighty cock-up with games such as Dead Space 2 and Battlefield 3, and it's not surprising they were voted worst company of 2013. The online pass ordeal that many gamers had to go through is a nightmare, because they tried to grab money from people who bought pre-owned games. It's not right, if i'm honest with you...

EA made a mighty cock-up with games such as Dead Space 2 and Battlefield 3, and it's not surprising they were voted worst company of 2013. The online pass ordeal that many gamers had to go through is a nightmare, because they tried to grab money from people who bought pre-owned games. It's not right, if i'm honest with you...

But how could a major company foul up like that? That's why I and many other gamers think it was purposely set up that way so EA could profit off of cutting corners and ripping people off with the old bait and switch. Perhaps, that incident being fresh in peoples memories is why they were voted THE WORST.

But how could a major company foul up like that? That's why I and many other gamers think it was purposely set up that way so EA could profit off of cutting corners and ripping people off with the old bait and switch. Perhaps, that incident being fresh in peoples memories is why they were voted THE WORST.

But it's not something you should do...imagine what would happen if Microsoft prevented pre-owned consoles from being sold - there would be major uproar. This is similar, because if you want multiplayer you either have to buy a brand new game or pay even more money for an Online Pass, and like in the previous scenario, the company wins and you lose.

I am a sports gaming fan and EA Sports really disappoint me in this genre. For example, Fifa 13 on the PS Vita and Nintendo Wii (I owned them in addition to my XBox) were just a complete rehash of the previous year's version (Fifa 12).

They only updated stuff like kits, players etc. Core game play remains the same! I believe they did the same for some other sports games as well. It left a pretty bad taste in me.

Pft. It's still stupid to say that an entertainment company is worse than companies which have truly screwed people's LIVES...

Back