Xbox One Evolve First Gameplay and Multiplayer Class Details Revealed

KN1GHTMARE

Former Moderator
From
NJ
Website
socialclub.rockstargames.com
In Hunt mode, the four Hunters are out to seek and destroy Goliath. Goliath itself has a similar goal to Left 4 Dead's special zombies in Versus mode -- KO or kill all human players -- but also has a real objective. Destroying a shield generator to slaughter civilians, for instance, is one task Goliath can receive after evolving into its final form. The monster achieves its assignments by punching, smashing, leaping, charging, climbing, grabbing, and throwing.

In Hunt mode, the four Hunters are out to seek and destroy Goliath. Goliath itself has a similar goal to Left 4 Dead's special zombies in Versus mode -- KO or kill all human players -- but also has a real objective. Destroying a shield generator to slaughter civilians, for instance, is one task Goliath can receive after evolving into its final form. The monster achieves its assignments by punching, smashing, leaping, charging, climbing, grabbing, and throwing.

Source: IGN

Well this is certainly sounding like a very interesting game, but I'll reserve judgement until I see some gameplay. I like the idea of playing cooperative with each player being a unique class; I just hope this doesn't end up to be too much like Destiny.

I think it won't end up like Destiny, considering that the creators know how to make it awesome! I like the idea of 5v1. Hmmmm... >:-D I wouldn't mind being the alien. Being bigger and bigger each match ending? I'm going to love being the enemy.

Well, Left 4 Dead creators making a sci-fi L4D with the idea of team deathmatch huh? This is going to be awesome. Hmmm... I noticed that they just mentioned "Hunt mode". So there's a chance we'll have the classic 4 versus many aliens eh? This is going to be awesome. But this Hunt mode is already getting me hyped! All right thedoodseven, I'll be the human. You;d better watch it 'cuz your butt is going to be served on a platinum platter!

Well, that surely adds a nice touch. It's almost similar to the Versus mode in Left 4 Dead 2 but what makes this one a bit unique is the fact that the 5th player grows in size. So what kind of ability does the 5th player get? That one intrigues me. Hahahahah... oh man, can the 4-man team beat down a big 5th player? This one already hypes me up.

It sounds interesting but I agree I need to see more before I'm willing to nod my hat to this. I want to make sure that this is actually worth my time and money so I need to see gameplay not a hype me up trailer but gameplay. We've bee fooled way to often to be taken in again by a shiny CGI trailer.

It sounds interesting but I agree I need to see more before I'm willing to nod my hat to this. I want to make sure that this is actually worth my time and money so I need to see gameplay not a hype me up trailer but gameplay. We've bee fooled way to often to be taken in again by a shiny CGI trailer.

I think this game will rock. The L4D2 have been awesome with their last two games so I'm more than willing to try this one out. I like the idea that a 5th player can join in and wreck havoc! This is going to be fun for me definitely.

Interesting. Well I like the fact that you can go 5 vs 1. It's also cool to play the villain once it a while but I like the fact that you can join as the 5th player and start killing people right off the bat. Haha. this will be one hell of a hit.

You can already try out the game yourself. If you have a PC and a Steam account, you can play it for free. It's a free-to-play so you can see what you're getting. I'm currently downloading it now to see what I'm getting when I acquire a PS4 (I pre-ordered it for some Initial Pack, which normally costs money). Anyway, it's just a F2P so if you'd like to have some hands-on, get Steam and look for it.

Whoops, marthy, I think you posted this in the WRONG thread. It's cool, we make mistakes. Next time, check carefully. Anyway, back on the topic... I'll be the alien! I'm gonna rock you all down~!

Back