Xbox 360 FABLE III is FREE for Gold Members right now!

Haze

Former Moderator
From
Australia
http://au.ign.com/articles/2013/06/10/fable-3-currently-free-on-xbox-live-marketplace

Lionhead's action RPG can now be downloaded even if you don't have any Microsoft Points in your account. Simply select "use Microsoft Points" when prompted, to start downloading the game.

Unfortunately, you have to be an Xbox Live Gold member to take advantage. Silver members will be asked to fork out 3600 MS Points.

It's unclear right now whether this is a mistake on Microsoft's behalf, or a treat ahead of this afternoon's E3 conference. We've heard nothing from Microsoft.

Wanted to pass this on to all members here so you can take advantage of this. I just grabbed my free copy.

Just a little tip: if you go to purchase this, best bet is to do it via Xbox.com and it will come up with a price - but click "Buy Game" and switch your payment option to Use Microsoft Points. It will show up as free.

I don't know how long this will last so be quick! :)

I wonder if Microsoft is doing this to rival Playstation's Plus feature? I've been really, really impressed by the games that Sony put up with the Plus service and if this is what I think it is it's kind of a last ditch effort to appease the gamers. "Hey, look at us we treat our members good too!" Too bad they start doing this at the end of their consoles life... Of course I could be completely wrong about this but if it were a glitch there's no way it would have stayed up there so long. I suppose it could also be just some sort of Lionhead announcement at E3 too though.

Still, a free game is a free game! :cool: Even if it is only Fable 3, LOL.

I always wanted to try the game, but never got round to buying it. Needless to say, it's sat in my download queue for when I return from work after 'buying' it from the Xbox site :D

Crap, I wish I had Gold now! Mine isn't active at the moment, not that I probably have the hard drive space to store it anyway. I'm glad to hear they're actually giving some extra value for Gold members though, I was surprised really none of that went on much. Even the iTunes store gives away a couple songs and an app per week. Microsoft charges monthly for Live and barely gives away anything, at least during the time I had it. Hopefully, this is a new trend!

I am not going to download this game.

I was EXTREMELY disappointed with Fable 3. I encourage you to go into the game expecting an average game at best. It's not bad but it is by no means a game that I enjoyed playing. It didn't help that I really hyped it up for myself.

I've also never tried this game. This gives me more incentive to go and pick it up now though. I've heard good things about Fable, hopefully it is as enjoyable as people claim. My sister was going to get Gold soon, so I will be sure to let her know about this game.

This is definitely an interesting tactic by Microsoft. They've been shoddy with business before, but then they always go and do something like this. Their fickle nature might mystify me, but one thing is certain: free games are good games.

So i've never played Fable 3 before, is it neccesary to play part 1 and 2 before 3?

So i've never played Fable 3 before, is it neccesary to play part 1 and 2 before 3?

Not at all, you won't miss much.

I personally bought a hard copy of this game about the time it was announced since it has no sellback value, yet it's a classic on collection now.

Back