Xbox 360 Fable III

Jules

I never played any of the Fable games until my friend let me borrow Fable III. I beat it once and was "good" but I think I want to play it again and be "bad." What do you think of the game?

I was instantly hooked when I played it. The weapon mechanics are beautiful, giving you a small push towards the enemy via scope, for those who feel moving a tiny joystick for total movement is slow-- however, some may actually find this to be a negative, taking away from the skill aspect of the game. The story was beautiful in my opinion, no matter which side you choose to be... but I did start feeling a little bad when everyone I ruled died. :(

It's an epic caliber fantasy world, you owe it to yourself to play both sides because the experience is very different. I prefer playing the good guy in any game, regardless of difficulty, but playing the bad guy gives you a completely different perspective which is fun too.

I'm not familiar with Fable III. Is this a game similar to Skyrim, where you can choose to play as a "good guy" or a "bad guy" and the game play will differ depending on which one you choose to play as?

I'm not familiar with Fable III. Is this a game similar to Skyrim, where you can choose to play as a "good guy" or a "bad guy" and the game play will differ depending on which one you choose to play as?

In a basic sense, yes. Your actions will be very important in the countdown to an invasion from a foreign land; if you're good, things are a lot harder on you in my opinion.

In a basic sense, yes. Your actions will be very important in the countdown to an invasion from a foreign land; if you're good, things are a lot harder on you in my opinion.

I haven't played Fable 3 either. It's wild to hear that the game might actually be easier to play when you're the bad guy! I wish more games gave you freedom like that.

Well, it's there as a test of moral strength; will you do what's right and save the million or so people under your care? Will you do it while still keeping the promises you made to your allies, making you the hero of the kingdom? Or will you just go through the game mindlessly denying the people their requests, saving them, and finishing it up with nothing more.

It's a really interesting game (as well as being epic and beautiful of course)...I love the way it makes you make choices, and I think your initial (first play through) choice tells you a lot about yourself. I bet sociologists would have a field day analyzing how people play!

As a Fable: Lost Chapters fan, the series gradually got worse with the sequel. Seriously, just play the original one and you will have a better expansion overall than playing the other two together.

Laughing at the sociologist-field-day comment! You're probably right about that! It's almost always more difficult to play that sort of game and stick only to the *good* side. The *bad* side is easier, but, I think, ultimately not as rewarding.

Back