Xbox 360 Fable: The Journey released for Kinect

shadee

Fable: The Journey has been released exclusively for Xbox 360 Kinect. There is a spell casting mode of this game where you can use your hand motions to cast spells and create different items which I think sounds pretty cool. :)

So is this a full Fable game or just a mini game? This sounds pretty cool. I'd like to try out Fable with the Kinect and see how it works.

So is this a full Fable game or just a mini game? This sounds pretty cool. I'd like to try out Fable with the Kinect and see how it works.

It's a full game. Just not a game that's considered a main entry to the series. It's not really my kind of game. But to its credit, it turned out better than most of the so called hardcore Kinect games.

While I realize this is an older post, I do believe people are still accessing it today – well I did!

I got my kinect today and the game fable came with the console. Realizing that body control is still in its infancy and that the kinect is barely polished enough to put on the market – I had very little hope for this game – boy was I wrong.

After playing this game for one half an hour – I took a break and while I was on that break I had a thought. What if someone was to take a game like Gothic 2 and put a great storyline to it with lots of side quests and the freedom to roam like Gothic 2 and port it to kinect – wow that would blow anybody's mind.

I didn't have any hopes that kinect would work in games, I bought my kinect for exercise but I certainly have changed my mind. I just pray Microsoft doesn't change their mind, after all, they are famous for that.

I do have to find out several things to make my life a little more pleasant, such as how to save a game. How to make my kinect more accurate and many more little tidbits such as how to make backups of my game's. I am on a fixed income and cannot afford to be rebuying them and I understand the Xbox is famous for the circle on the discs.

So far I am enjoying getting my touch kicked from one side to the other "Try again" has become real familiar-smile.

I just hope they don't get too attached with this whole Fable on Kinect thing. This is a nice diversion, nothing more. If they start just completely relegating the series to Kinect only then I'll be a bit upset.

I think too many people are taking the wrong view on this thing. Kinect was never meant to take the place of the controller, although the controller has always been the biggest failure in gaming history.

Kinect is in its infancy, sort of like a child trying to learn to walk – still very crude and as of yet it's undecided whether they are going to put the resources into it to refine it. I believe Kinect was mostly meant for some very slow-paced games but mostly for games like kinect adventures, or exercises, sport's but I personally don't really believe it was meant for really fast-paced action games. So I don't think you have anything to worry about. To give you an example, my great-grandson asked me today when I was going to get a game that was not kinect! He doesn't like going through the process of getting the kinect to recognize him.

They also don't have an image lock – meaning someone walking through the room will confuse it and if you are in a critical place – you will die – believe me, it has happened to me three times – smile.

I don't look at it as replacing the controller – I look at it as the endless possibilities that it does have and can offer us. It's just another avenue of entertainment.

@ancient11

But that's Microsoft's own fault. They went on record a number of times saying that Kinect could replace the controller way before the device was released. And then, when you looked at Kinect's early commercials, they emphasized "you are the controller".

Yes, I agree it's not meant to replace a controller. But the perception is there because Microsoft themselves PUT it there with their own PR and marketing.

We old goats are retired and we sit around talking a lot, we have discussed the same topic. We came up with the fact that there are two groups at Microsoft, one group the developers and another group the business end.

The developers of this technology would like to see it take over completely, after all it is their baby. Not very practical though for you would have to be playing alone in a soundproof room in order for that to happen. You would definitely have to use voice commands as well as hand commands plus your legs and feet. People do tire quickly and in so doing a whole game at one sitting is out the window.

Then there is the business end which sees another avenue of revenue. They see a place where kinect can be a benefit as being the controller (which is the way I see it) and make it fun doing so. I certainly am having a ball with it but I certainly realize that it cannot be the controller in many action game's. They are certainly going to have to do a lot of software work in order to stretch it much futher.

Microsoft shows you being the controller in the game that they are advertising, not every game they have. They state it would get you off the couch and it certainly does in most cases, but not everyone. In the case of fable, you sit on a couch but you certainly flail your arms a lot and use your waist a lot.

The Fable Journey and the whole kinnect action was a great big FAIL for me.

The Fable Journey and the whole kinnect action was a great big FAIL for me.

I'm certain that for quite a few it is a big fail but no matter what you do there is always a certain amount of people that won't like it.

I don't think that kinect was ever meant or intended for everone. To me it it has been a godsend for It has allowed me to interact more with the grandchildren more plus it has been a barrel of fun with my friends.

I am now playing one of the older Fable game's using a controller and it really sucks, but that is just my personal take on it. If I was a lot younger say 71 or 72 then it might be a lot easier and I might have a different opinion.

I have really mixed feelings about the Fable franchise. The first game is one of my favorite games ever, however 2 was extremely mediocre in it's writing and 3 was just a steaming pile of guano. I might download this one and give it a shot, but I really don't expect much.

Back