Xbox 360 Far Cry 3 relics

stewieG

Has anyone here put any serious time or effort into finding the relics hidden in the game? I've been looking for some of them in between completing the story line missions, but they're not easy to find! If you've found some of them, how many have you found?

Hey Stewie! Have you bought any of the loot maps? They're $1500 each, but totally worth it in my opinion, especially if you're trying to find all of the loot and relics, or going for 100% game completion. I found that early on, before I could carry a lot of money, it was a good way to keep my wallet from being completely full (I hate to NOT collect money when it's right there in front of you)!

Anyways, the loot maps will show you all of the locations for the relics and loot chests on the map once you've activated the radio tower in the corresponding area. Keep in mind, especially with some of the relics, that just running to the spot where it shows up on the map may not always lead you RIGHT to it. You may have to, for example, find a cave or temple entrance a little way off the icon that you're trying to get to on the map and travel a ways underground or underwater to get to the hidden relic. Hope this helps!! A few of them have been pretty tricky for me :)

Hunting for relics can be pretty tedious, but it can also reveal new areas of the world that you never knew existed. I have found about 60 relics (enough for the achievement) and stopped after that point. Relics are a tad bit harder to find than lost letters or memory cards but you should have no trouble finding a relic in under 3 minutes or so if you follow a few basic guidelines. First off, look around you. Is the relic on a highpoint in the map, or are you lower to the ground? If you find yourself highly elevated, the relic may be on a steep hill or in a large cave inside that hill. It's now your job to circle around the vicinity of the relic and search for it up high or down low. If you find yourself lower to the ground, search for small cave entrances or bodies of water. Relics will often be hidden in hard to reach, underwater areas. I hope this helped, good luck with your relic hunting!

Back