Xbox 360 Far Cry 3 sex scene O.o

Jessi

Far Cry 3 has a first person scene that has been named one of the most controversial moments in gaming. I haven't even played the game yet, but I keep reading about that single part of the game. Either the rest isn't that exciting or people can't get over the idea of little non-PG 13 content.

From what I hear, it's not even that graphic, but it does include groping and it's a first-person scene, so I suppose that makes it more intense.

Do you think it was too far, though?

It's, in my opinion, incredibly stupid that people freak out when they see sex in games. Come the FUCK on! I mean, you go around murdering a buncha assholes and that's friggin' excellent and cool but then you show a nipple and the entire world freaks the hell out because of that nipple.

The sex scene is explicit but shows no genitals, at most you see the bare tits of the lady the protagonist is boning. It's simple, no big deal. Certainly not as big a deal as the extreme violence feature throughout the rest of the game.

While we're at it, I also want to say that it's ridiculous that nobody cares that one of the male characters is heavily implied to have been raped. Had it been a female character everybody would have freaked the hell out for some reason but nobody cares cuz it was a male character? Seems legit.

/rant

Amen to that Claptrap! I've seen the video of it on You Tube. While I don't think there is any value added to the game, it doesn't bother me. Far Cry 3 itself is a pretty hardcore game in terms of vulgarity. If you don't like it, don't play it. Look at the ESRB ratings before you buy it, I suppose. I certainly wouldn't let my kids play this game until they were quite a bit older.

It's, in my opinion, incredibly stupid that people freak out when they see sex in games. Come the FUCK on! I mean, you go around murdering a buncha assholes and that's friggin' excellent and cool but then you show a nipple and the entire world freaks the hell out because of that nipple.

My thoughts exactly. You KILL COUNTLESS PEOPLE in this game and nobody complains about that, yet a bit of sex and suddenly everyone loses their marbles??

It's rated MATURE! Meaning it's for ADULTS! Anyone who isn't old enough to be seeing sex scenes shouldn't be buying this game in the first place!

This is just a case of uppity people being uppity for the sake of being uppity, not because they actually have something legitimate to complain about.

Nipples aside (or included) I have been enjoying this game A LOT! I love roaming around on the beautiful island. I also enjoy the hunting part of the game, specially for something hard and rare to find. I remember hunting for sharks, that was really exciting, you would kill a few sharks and then be extremely paranoid when approaching the corpses to loot. Almost always ended up getting ambushed by other sharks :D.

I played the game just because of the tits, lol. Big deal or not, I admit I enjoy that part. After an hour of killing, it is good to see some diversion. I really like if they included more sex scene in Far Cry. At the end of the day nobody cares, it's just part of awesome games.

Nipples aside (or included) I have been enjoying this game A LOT! I love roaming around on the beautiful island. I also enjoy the hunting part of the game, specially for something hard and rare to find. I remember hunting for sharks, that was really exciting, you would kill a few sharks and then be extremely paranoid when approaching the corpses to loot. Almost always ended up getting ambushed by other sharks :D.

Yeah, the game is extremely awesome. I already finished it a while ago, though. Once you capture all outposts, the pirates stop showing up which made it boring... I liked to ambush them as they rode around on their stupid jeeps. Hide in the bushes then throw a Molotov at them. EXPLOSIONS! FIRE! BLOOD! It was great.

I think people just like to find controversy in everything they don't like or don't understand. This game is for adults. If it was being marketed to kids, we'd have a big problem here, but it's not so people just need to play it or move on.

Yeah, people are making too big of a deal out of this. I chose the other ending (this sex scene is contained in 1 of the 2 endings) and did not get to see it first-hand. I hopped online and found the video and to be honest, it's really not a big deal. Like others have mentioned, you spend 20 hours hunting, killing, and maiming through out the game. Once video game nudity appears, some people seem to be appalled. Another point: sex scenes appear in movies all the time? Does anyone complain about them then? No. Just for the record, the sex scene didn't bother me at all.

For some reason, conservative people are more bothered by sex than violence. God of War had a crap ton of violence but people were more concerned by Kratos' sex orgy with multiple female partners. Anyway, Far Cry 3 is an M rated game for adults so why does it matter if there is mature content in it?
If your 11 year old is playing this game because you are too stupid to read the ESRB rating on the game box, or too ignorant to know that Far Cry 3 is not for children, that's your fault. Game companies should not have to censor games made for adults just to appease parents that are buying them for their children when they're not supposed to be.

The scene in itself simply conveys the path to madness that the player character undergoes through his experiences on the island. So, technically, though the scene is vulgar, it's fitting of the message the dev team was trying to send. Freaking out over such a thing is pretty ridiculous, in my opinion.

Darnit, I was hoping there would be a video of the scene in this thread...

I think people these days over react to everything. Especially to new ideas.

I'm still not sure if this site is considered PG-13, so I'll link to it:

Too much?

Yeah the site's def. still PG13.. I cringe when I can't find any good 'curse-free' videos on a particular topic. ;)

That said you did leave some work to the reader, it's not like a direct link or inline video?

Yep. I didn't want the screencap/video still showing directly in the post. You easily could've googled it yourself, too, but I figured I'd meet you halfway. :p

For some reason, conservative people are more bothered by sex than violence. God of War had a crap ton of violence but people were more concerned by Kratos' sex orgy with multiple female partners. Anyway, Far Cry 3 is an M rated game for adults so why does it matter if there is mature content in it?
If your 11 year old is playing this game because you are too stupid to read the ESRB rating on the game box, or too ignorant to know that Far Cry 3 is not for children, that's your fault. Game companies should not have to censor games made for adults just to appease parents that are buying them for their children when they're not supposed to be.

I have to agree with you on this one.

I thought they did a great job overall in the game. The graphics were great and the story line was phenomenal. The reason the sex scene might be controversial was because it was the last scene of the game, so it was probably the one people remember best. However, the sex scene only happens if you make a specific choice. I can't tell you the choice because it involves a bit of a spoiler alert.

Back