Favorite Pokemon Game?

It's got to be Pokemon Blue/Red. That was the first one I played and I absolutely loved that game. After that I played Pokemon Yellow, which was also very, very fun. I played the next-gen versions but I always came back to the original games as those really hold their own even today.

It has been a long time since I've played Pokemon but I'd have to say Pokemon Diamond was my favourite. I think for anyone their favourite is going to be the most modern version of the game as they do get better inch by inch. I'm also a bit embarrassed to say but I loved Pokemon Snap!

I think the favorite is usually the first one you played since there are some strong memories associated with starting your very first quest in the Pokemon world whether it was classic Pokemon or the modern ones. The further back you started playing Pokemon and depending on how well you've kept up with the series the less and less of an attachment there might be...especially when some versions have booted the majority of the OG generation Pokemon (Pokemon X/Y did have some throwbacks though).

I can agree with that. I preferred the original series because it was a big part of my childhood when it came to gaming (and anime even if it's from 4Kids).

I honestly have never played a Pokemon game in my life, so I'm not sure. Which one is a good one for someone who has never played Pokemon before?

I'd say find an emulator and play Yellow. If you're familiar with the first season of the anime and liked it, you should be able to get into Yellow since Pikachu is your first Pokemon and follows you. Gold/Silver are good is also good. If you can get into those--you don't even have to really finish them if you're just trying them out--you will pretty much have the hang of the gameplay for the series.

If you want one with some story to it, Pokemon Black/White and Black/White 2 for DS works.

You can't go wrong with Yellow. That's honestly Pokemon 101. Silver/Gold are good if you want Pokemon 101 with a little extra to it. If you have a DS you could pick up Heart Gold/Soul Silver, the enhanced remakes.

My favorite was Heart Gold. Gold was my first Pokemon game so I was glad when there was a remake on DS. Also I suggest Gold to get an introduction to the franchise.

Slightly off topic but since it was brought up, what was Azure Dreams?

My favourite pokemon game definitely had to be Pokemon Blue. I hated the vast expansions of all the pokemons and didn't want to deal with that sort of headache. So I decided to stay with the original 150 pokemon and really did enjoy the game regardless of how primitive it was.

Black and White 2 are the best by far. Most content even after X/Y.

I love Pokemon emerald because it brings back so many memories. It was like the best game since it was like Sapphire plus Ruby combined. Now that I look back, the newer ens have so much better graphics but they can't really match up to the creativity they had back then. I think they are running out of ideas right now and just making up Pokemon by force.

Black and White 2 are the best by far. Most content even after X/Y.

I see why you'd say that, Black and White 2 consolidated all the aspects of the previous games, while X&Y are a bit different, since they are trying new things and new technologies out.

I'd have to go with Leafgreen or Heartgold since they're updates of the original games. I preferred them over the new games, but having the graphical upgrades is great. It's probably just a bit of nostalgia mind.

I see why you'd say that, Black and White 2 consolidated all the aspects of the previous games, while X&Y are a bit different, since they are trying new things and new technologies out.

Yeah. If they make something with the quality of X/Y and the amount of content of B&W2... it will be the best.

I noticed that when Pokemon moves to a new handheld, it's like it starts over with innovations made to the series. Like the game remains the same at the core, but each handheld generation features some sort of significant technological change (bar for GB to GBA mainly a graphical thing) and Pokemon makes use of it.

I have played every game in the series except Black/White and the original Yellow is still my favorite, even if Gold/Silver was amazing. I had to force myself through Y/X....I guess I'm tired of Pokemon.

I have to say my favorite would be Pokemon Emerald. I've played and finished that game countless times, I still do on my Android phone, and I never get tired of it. Although I haven't been able to catch all the Pokemon in the game.

I have to admit, I love Red/Blue. I spent so many hours pretending to sleep so I could play that game. I miss my little Bulbasaur. I wonder what happened to my gameboy, hmm...

Back