Xbox One Forza 5's Audio Revolution - Lion Roars & Human Screaming (Video)

FordGTGuy

From
Portsmouth, VA
[video=youtube;-zj9O56hLTY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zj9O56hLTY[/video]

Think Turn 10’s a tad over-obsessed with how cars look? Just wait till you hear about Forza Motorsport 5’s dynamic audio design, which recreates not just how cars sound but how they sound in a multitude of circumstances, even changing the score to suit. OXM’s Jon Hicks had a chance to discuss the fine details with creative audio director Nick Wiswell during a trip to Turn 10’s HQ in May - read about and watch his experiences below.

— OXM.CO.UK

Click Here To Read More

im all for a good sounding game.. but the game beter be forza4+ not a forza5 with shiney features... its a racing game not a movie.

Nah, I don't agree with you.

This should be forza 5. What that sound guy was just talking about is what I want from my games. Total immersion with extraordinary detail to things like sound. The way he talked about the sound design and working with SKYWALKER is amazing!

He even says, okay, we're not making a film so we don't have scenes, but we can break parts of the gameplay down into scenes. They are doing that to add detail and realism to the experience which is, what I believe is why people choose forza. For the level of details and realism. Something that I think always shows me the quality of any driving game is the sound. If my car sounds whack, my experience driving it is whack. It is a primal thing like he was saying. We love to hear the engine roar, the growl of the motor. That is why they are mixing primal and raw nature sounds to increase that level of emotion when we hear the roar of the engines and the screeching of the tyres.

Nah, I don't agree with you.

This should be forza 5. What that sound guy was just talking about is what I want from my games. Total immersion with extraordinary detail to things like sound. The way he talked about the sound design and working with SKYWALKER is amazing!

He even says, okay, we're not making a film so we don't have scenes, but we can break parts of the gameplay down into scenes. They are doing that to add detail and realism to the experience which is, what I believe is why people choose forza. For the level of details and realism. Something that I think always shows me the quality of any driving game is the sound. If my car sounds whack, my experience driving it is whack. It is a primal thing like he was saying. We love to hear the engine roar, the growl of the motor. That is why they are mixing primal and raw nature sounds to increase that level of emotion when we hear the roar of the engines and the screeching of the tyres.

and i feel the completely diffrent.. sure the sound needs to be decent. the raphics are their... but i dont care about autovista and all the data its going to take.. to do nothing more than look around a car parked and read about it from diffrent angles... give me core gaming/simulation.

the reason forza took over grand turismo in my eyes(car guy) is this... forza was a more rounded simulation game.. cars were twitchy at speed.. entering a corner with a 2000lb car with 500hp was fun.. the car slid dipped and dived on apex turns.. the car squated going down a straight 200mph your lap times changed with early breaking and hard exceleration some races were close and make you work for it...

grand turismo felt more of a touring car experiance. the cars actd the same if it was 350hp or 500hp if it weighed 2000lb or 3500lbs car guys and general driving people like to throw the car around.. drift... talk to road course drivers it gets boring running a line all day.. talk to instructers at road atlanta,sebring.. when they ge to play their out their doing fun stuff not trying to cut a perfect line... thats what they do for the money..

im all for great sound and graphics.. but leave the fru fru crap out.. i know the diffrence between a pagani,ccx,venomgt,veryon,lp450 super trofeo,gallardo,r8... what i care about is the actual driving experiance of the car...

the demo looks sweet/amazing graphics... i just want it to feel like the early forza where it was fun to drive... and want the forza4(top gear calaberation) where it had the 800+cars with fun driving physics.. sure bring more to the table... but autovista is not it... fix the drag racing section so its more in style with real drag racing... id honestly play that for 6 months straight and build cars for it if the tree worked if shifting worked... if tweeking suspension did much.. tire pressure ect ect... give me that all day over autovista..

Forza 5 has a brand new physics engine based on brand new research never done before in car physics with the help of Calspan, E3 build didn't have these physics.

In all honesty, for me, all i really want improved on the previous incarnations is the AI, which it sounds like they have. But, then once they nail that, nicer graphics, more realistic sounds and bigger races will always be welcomed ;)

i am intrested in the new ai... but ill wait to see the drving mechanics and physics till the release/first few weeks of playing... heck ill give it a solid month to see how the bugs get worked out... the ai and dynamic play is before i really make a solid decission on it.

Back