Get rid of Xbox Live

ancient11

I have come to realize that I am not exactly that attuned to today's society. In my day and time I was the norm but in today society I am the odd man out.

I passionately hate the fact that I have to log on just to play my game's or go through extra steps to not log on. Is there anyway I can get rid of the Xbox live? I can't think of one good thing to say good about Xbox live or think of one good reason to have it automatically there – that should be a decision of choice.

I don't do the online gameplay, or the online chat but I will admit that I have updated through it but that is one time.

If someone can come up with a way to get around that thing I certainly would appreciate it.

ancient

I think that the only reason you can get rid of Xbox Live in it's entirety it's putting a custom firmware on the console, but for the most part, that is illegal and what not.

Yeah, I think once I get tired of live then I'll just mod it. I have been watching some youtube videos and I am pretty tech savvy, but I only have one xbox right now. I think if I had an extra then I would use one to mod and keep one in tact for Live.

At one time I was pretty tech savvy but that was years ago, today I am lucky to remember to take my pills. So the modding is out of the question – smile.

I tried unplugging my wireless router but it kept on aggravating me to go online – so that didn't work – smile.

I guess I will just have to learn how to deal with it and smile while doing it – snicker
thanks so much for the replies though, maybe Microsoft will have pity on us on the next edition.

I don't really get what most of you are talking about. I mean Xbox Live is being on the system has never really bothered me. I don't really pay attention to it much. The only thing that bothers me is when I get the pop-up that wants me to connect to Xbox Live.

With me being of the older generation I am pretty much used to the "I don't get it" thing. I have great-grandchildren they use that phrase a lot.– smile

Not all games are the same, with a lot of game's the only bother is the additional button pushing (if that isn't bad enough) to get around the connect to Xbox live thing. But me and the grandkids was playing a racing game and up jumped the devil – "In order to get the full experience of this game you must connect to Xbox live and be logged on to Microsoft something or the other" and it did this several times interrupting our gameplay. I really would like to play the full game without being interrupted several times.

Now I have over 80 points and I would like to exchange those for games but I can't log on to Microsoft and cash those in. It's a password thing.

Wow, you really are ancient. I can say that I've never heard anyone speak from your viewpoint regarding online gaming. I am surprised that you have such a strong stance against live. I can sort of understand where you are coming from though. I can see why you don't want to be interrupted. It's really cool that you play games with the grandkids!

I guess I would need to know what game kept interrupting you as I've never heard of that. Most games, you don't have to log onto Live, it is just better for keeping track of your achievements. I rarely play online but I would still have Live for that and for when I want to or need something else.

Back