Xbox One Ghosts will run 720P on ONE, 1080P on PS4

Holopoint

This right here could be a huge turning point for the PS4 to outsell the ONE, solely for the fact that Ghosts has become such an iconic game for both systems. It's been confirmed that Ghosts will only run at 720P on the Xbox ONE and will be upscaled for use on higher resolution TV's, while the PS4 will run it natively at 1080P. I use a simple 1080p monitor that's about 22/23 inches, so I don't really care all that much, seeing as it's always looked the same for me on my monitor. However, I know there's people out there who play on 40+ inch screens and will most definitely notice a difference. While people argue that the graphics still look the same, people such as myself (When it comes down to it) are a huge stickler for Anti-Aliasing, so if I were to compare them together and see that the edges and game looks smoother/cleaner on a much higher resolution TV then it does compared to the ONE version, I'd feel a little upset about it.

HOWEVER, with running at a higher resolution also comes the possibility that the PS4 version will have more Frame Drops, since it's trying to push out cleaner images, and thus put a higher taxing on the PS4's specs. Thoughts?

True there will be some frame rate drops for PS4 . But this gen is still in its infancy. My decision to buy an XB1 is not based on the resolution
of one game alone. Its the total experience that it brings. You may notice the difference at first....but for me it wears off real fast because
of the gameplay. I mean while your playing CoD do you stop and look at the jagged edges on the leaves? Im sure some do but I bet the next round of CoD will be in full swing for us.

Ill still enjoy it and look for things to come better. I know they said at E 3 ghosts would be running at 1080P. And they backtracked not a big deal for me.

I do not understand why COD Ghosts for xbox one cant be run in natively in 1080p when apparently other games like forza 5 is able to pull it off? I personally dont care as long as the gameplay is great. Going from 720p to 1080p is not much of a difference especially when you are playing on a television that is less than 50 inches. Both are a hell of a lot better than the old outdated standard 480p. Hopefully game developers will be able to offer more games in native 1080p without having to upscale. The xbox one is apparently able to handle 4K or ultra HD. So another thing I do not understand is if the xbox one is 4K ready than why is it difficult for game developers to make games in native 1080p?

I do not understand why COD Ghosts for xbox one cant be run in natively in 1080p when apparently other games like forza 5 is able to pull it off? I personally dont care as long as the gameplay is great. Going from 720p to 1080p is not much of a difference especially when you are playing on a television that is less than 50 inches. Both are a hell of a lot better than the old outdated standard 480p. Hopefully game developers will be able to offer more games in native 1080p without having to upscale. The xbox one is apparently able to handle 4K or ultra HD. So another thing I do not understand is if the xbox one is 4K ready than why is it difficult for game developers to make games in native 1080p?

It is funny, but now the PS4 version is having major framerate issues

Non-issue for me - I'll probably pick it up in 12 months when it'll be half price, and patched up to hopefully boost the performance. But even if its 720p, makes no difference as my plasma is only 720p !!

I played both games on the PC on full specs, and I also played BF4 on the PS3. If the PC version looks extremely good and the video effects are stunning comparable to the ones on a new gen console, the PS3 graphics are bad but after all it's a 7 years old console. It'a big difference between 720p and 1080p and I just wait to play the game on a 4k monitor.

Doesn't seem very fair, but i'm guessing Sony gave them a better offer.

Well this sort of sucks to be honest, I was looking forward to the enhanced graphics but to my dismay, I now would know that the graphics I'm about to face aren't exactly their best.

Doesn't seem very fair, but i'm guessing Sony gave them a better offer.

I agree. But I have to say. I still like it though. It's just bad that they can't have it just the same as PS4. There maybe some changes, we still have to wait for it. I hope that Microsoft can do something about it, either way I'm ok with it. Are there any walkthroughs about this?

No problem for me here. But yeah, I still wonder how Microsoft couldn't get the Ghosts to run on 1080p. But this is just the beginning after all. We'll see a year later, then maybe we'll surely see if XB1 can run 1080p with gusto. 'Till then, PS4 has the upper hand when it comes to getting the 1080p natively.

Do any of you have the game for the Xbox One and not just reading reviews? I can tell you firsthand as a big
YTer, that a lot of stuff going around is not actual release day footage and some things look way better now.

I do have it and whatever the graphics are at and whatever is whatever, the game is stunning if you ask me.
I am very satisfied and could not ask for much better.

I didn't bother to buy and COD game for my console. I would stick to the PC version when it comes to FPS games.

Do any of you have the game for the Xbox One and not just reading reviews? I can tell you firsthand as a big
YTer,.

First, reading reviews or actually playing it doesn't matter when the entire point of the thread was that the game was in 720p, as opposed to native 1080p on the PlayStation 4. Second, "A big YTer" means little as well, since both consoles are going to look the exact same on a youtube video, since it's all compressed and forced to run at 30 FPS anyway.

However, seeing several Side by Side comparisons from a few major Twitch streamers, there are a few noticeable differences between the two, but that's really only if you're standing still and exactly examining the environment. When running, gunning, and blowing crap up you can't tell a difference. Either way, the thread was made before Ghosts came out on either Next-Gen console, so it's pretty much officially "Dead" now.

Back