Halo 3 is the Oct 16-31 next free Game with Gold!

StingerNLG

From
Abingdon, MD.
Website
www.tommytallarico.com
halo3.jpg

Finally! I had been waiting for Halo 3 to be released since it had been announced as one of the free Games with Gold. I'm pretty happy they chose to give this one away for free. I'm sure I'll be playing it through again at some point.

And yes, you read that right… “Halo 3” is yours free from Oct. 16 – 31! In 2012, “Halo 4” ushered in a new chapter in a continuing saga with the Master Chief. Now experience a piece of history in the award-winning and critically acclaimed Halo franchise with “Halo 3.” Released in 2007, “Halo 3” was awarded the Game Critics Award for Best Online Multiplayer, Best Innovation from Edge Magazine and called “nothing short of epic” by IGN.com.

Woot!

Via Xbox.com

Ah, the nostalgia I've had when I played this game together with my friends. Not only was the Single Player truly a great Halo experience, but the multiplayer had tons of replayability in it. You just couldn't get enough of it. All the forging and custom game modes were awesome when you had a party of eight friends in one game, haha. It's unfortunate that Bungie decided to not continue the series, but I will give 343 some slack for making Halo 4. While Halo 4 isn't the best Halo of the series, I guess it can still be considered an important part of the story.

Nice share by the way! If only I had Xbox Live Gold right now, haha, but even then, I already own all the Halo games on Xbox 360 so it doesn't really matter for me. Hopefully they do this again on the Xbox One but for Halo 4 in the future :eek: .

Nostalgia indeed. It takes forever to find a match now a days. Hopefully now that the game is free, the population will jump up a significant amount. I really like how we get free games each month.

Does that mean that the multiplayer is going to be revived once again? Everyone has to admit that Halo 3 has the best multiplayer out of all the series, so much that i managed to overheat my console because i played too much of it.

So much nostalgia!! Haha It feels like yesterday that my buddies would all get together and go crazy on Valhalla with a map-wide Warthog derby (explosive ordinances approved, and often encouraged). Props to Xbox for making this free game worth getting for the 'feels'. :D

Damn! The month that I am too broke for Xbox Live and they release Halo 3. Arghhh! So far that is the only free game that I actually wanted. I need to get my money right so I can get some of these free games.

Such a great move by Xbox. I can imagine Halo 3 servers absolutely blow up because of this and may even inspire me to play it again! Every time I see a Halo 3 screenshot I get feelings of nostalgia but for it to be reborn through being given out free is brilliant and I bet so many new players will be on it and it will feel like a new game. If you haven't played Halo 3 and you've got a Gold membership, GET THIS GAME! So many hours have been put into it and so much has been taken away from it, you won't feel like you're playing a game from 2006 one bit!

Yes It's true! Bungie's 2007 first-person shooter Halo 3 is now free to download on Xbox Live for gamers with an Xbox Live Gold subscription. The game normally sells for $15. When Halo 3 first came out I got hooked. I was not very good for a couple months but I just kept practicing. I started playing Halo 3 almost everyday and got pretty good. I eventually started going to MLG events around the country and participated in free for all competitions. My career in Halo 3 did not go any further then that. I still play it sometimes and enjoy it very much. I recommend downloading Halo 3 if you have never played it before. Have you guys had good experiences playing Halo 3?

I already have 1750 in Achievement Gamerscore so I have no need for this download whatsoever. ;)

It was impossible for me to unlock all the Halo 3 Achievements, despite me already having all the multiplayer map packs from owning Halo 3 ODST. Some of them require insane luck during midgame MP matches :(
It's nice to see Bungie allowing this to happen though, as I'm sure a lot of people would like to try out Halo 3 for free.

I actually never played Halo 3, so this may be a great opportunity to get it for free.

I beat the first Halo on Legendary, began the second Halo but life got in the way. Never finished but played lots of multiplayer. I'm such a stickler for story lines that i didnt want to play 3 before i finished 2, which never happened.

Back