Xbox One Hands On with Zoo Tycoon on the Xbox One

KN1GHTMARE

Former Moderator
From
NJ
Website
socialclub.rockstargames.com
It feels weird for me to say, but the most visually impressive game we got to see on the Xbox One so far is Zoo Tycoon. That’s not a knock on the other Xbox One games, that’s simply a statement of how great Zoo Tycoon looks. Texture detail is crisp, realistic, and colorful. The character and animal models look incredibly lifelike and their animation is equally as impressive.These simulation style games can be incredibly addictive, players become sucked into the management of their park while wanting to “collect them all.” Zoo Tycoon continues this tradition with somewhere near 100 animals available at launch for the title. Sadly there are no penguins and the team isn't ready to discuss if DLC is even going to happen.
xboxone-zoo-tycoon-header.jpg

The game revolves around two modes of play. In planning and building mode you get a top down view of your zoo with the ability to add attractions, enhanced existing attractions, and look at the day to day running of your park. The game uses a pretty intuitive message system which notifies you of the wants and needs of your zoo and makes it easy to jump around and get stuff done.The other mode puts you into the shoes of a zookeeper and lets you walk around the park seeing the fruits of your labor up close and personal. Here you can take pictures (no selfies though) and share those candid moments when the bears are humping with your friends. We don’t know if there is actual bear humping in this game, but if there is, you know what you have to do.
zoo-tycoon-animal-details.jpg

This game looks and sounds awesome. I know for many this is way down on the list or even not on many people's radar. I myself keep forgetting it is coming out, but I might just have to pick this one up as soon as possible. Be sure to check out the link below, since the website offers co-op mode information which I did not include here.

via Co-Optimus

Both my Wife and I were big fans of the game Viva Pinata, and I've always been a fan of management/city building type games. I hadn't thought too much about Zoo Tycoon, but the more I read/watch about it the more it grows on me. There's a good chance I'll pick this one up too.

It looks really intriguing to say the least, but I hadn't heard of this game before. I think, I am going to find out more about it.

The title alone makes me uninterested. But when I look at the screenshots, it looks amazing. I wonder if it will get boring quickly? It is piqued my interest though. I just don't know if I have the attention span to stick with the game. I'd like to read some reviews before plunking down the money for it.

I have always been a fan of Tycoon games. They are fun, but they easily get repetitive. It would be great if this game was available for download on the market only. It would also be great if this game was inexpensive.

100 animals and now co-op play? So my son can make and run a zoo with his friends as well as me?

This is why it's on the launch list for me. And it sounds better and better everytime I see something else about it.

i was more all about it till i seen it in action. the areas you build are pree layed out. as in the area is already set you just drop it. id rather be able to put 4/5 animals in an area or make a square not an oblong..
id like to be able to put trees/hrubs/water where i want. you can add things like bags for rhino's and stuff but its not customizable.

i wish it was more like a roller coaster tycoon or a city tycoon.

think of it like this i guess.

if you have lions and big cats. i would want it to be limited to the squares taken are a guideline of how many you can have. say 6x6square is 2 animals or 8x8 is 3. with that animal pen you would need to employe 2-3 workers. you would also have a food requirment. say you wanted 4 big cats you would need the ability to hold/store 1000lbs of meat for a month. or 250 a week.

these numbers or area would be part of the structure but would have to be a thought on building. think roller coaster building.. you have your track but you also have to build the walk way and how many cars the track will hold. same deal.

i would love to see a snake area in the game as well. possibly water animals. and such.

i love how the game is giving back to conservation but they could make the game a great tycoon game with all the power the next gen gives them.

Interesting, Zoo Tycoon was the first game I ever played on PC. It will be interesting to see how far it has came. The picture itself looks pretty HD, considering from what i'm used to is a 480p.

Seems pretty interesting, will definitely check it out in the near future.

Back