Xbox 360 Has anyone played/beaten Bioshock Infinite yet?

p33jay

From
NJ
I just finished up Bioshock Infinite the other night and I was absolutely floored. Seriously one of the greatest stories i have played through in quite some time.
I know the game's getting excellent reviews across the board, mostly for it's graphics and the story, but i wasn't the biggest fan of the game play. Yeah it was fun, but at times it seemed very "pew pew pew" with not too much variation except for your Vigors.

Maybe i'm looking for something to NOT like about the game so I don't seem like a total fanboy, i don't know. Overall though, i will say the game was amazing, and that the story will stay with me for years.

What did you guys think of it?

see I personally thought it deserved like a 8 or so when it comes to scores. Don't get me wrong it was a good game story wise but gameplay wise it wasn't anything special. It seemed like it kinda suffered from "fableism" and promised way more then it delivered.

Ugh, work has been so busy lately that I've not made anywhere near as much progress with this as I'd wanted to, I've only just escaped Monument Tower and got to Battleship Bay. I'm enjoying it so far, but as you say the 'pew pew' factor does feel a little tiresome at times. I guess that if I'm only able to play it sporadically then hopefully I won't get too irritated by that.

see I personally thought it deserved like a 8 or so when it comes to scores. Don't get me wrong it was a good game story wise but gameplay wise it wasn't anything special. It seemed like it kinda suffered from "fableism" and promised way more then it delivered.

Fable-ism LOL. i'm going to have to steal that one. And yeah, gameplay wise it seemed the only real innovation was the skyhooks.

Ugh, work has been so busy lately that I've not made anywhere near as much progress with this as I'd wanted to, I've only just escaped Monument Tower and got to Battleship Bay. I'm enjoying it so far, but as you say the 'pew pew' factor does feel a little tiresome at times. I guess that if I'm only able to play it sporadically then hopefully I won't get too irritated by that.

Honestly the real thrills of the game come from acquiring the Voxophones and other secret little things, more so then the gunplay itself. I guess it was designed that way?

I think they managed to ruin the series with this. My opinion, sorry if it's "wrong".

They pulled the "confusing story with mature themes so that people can think they are reading a great masterpiece of work" and the gameplay was even more dumbed down. And that 1999 mode... wow, Kevin, seriously, you disappointed me!

I think they managed to ruin the series with this. My opinion, sorry if it's "wrong".

They pulled the "confusing story with mature themes so that people can think they are reading a great masterpiece of work" and the gameplay was even more dumbed down. And that 1999 mode... wow, Kevin, seriously, you disappointed me!

Really? I rather liked the story and it dealt with the racism of the time and gave off that utopia like atmosphere that rapture would have been before it got all splicey. I totally agree with you on the gameplay though and as far as 1999 mode goes Kevin even stated in an interview that it was for the hardcore crowd and makes it "not bioshock"

Honestly the real thrills of the game come from acquiring the Voxophones and other secret little things, more so then the gunplay itself. I guess it was designed that way?
Yeah I do like poking about looking for hidden stuff in games, doing side quests and that sort of thing - it's that side of this game really appeals to me, along with the story.

Back