Xbox 360 How did you come across diamond?

GrandpaBaseGod

We all know diamond is that hardest thing in the game to find so how did you find diamonds? i heard that lvl14 is the sweet spot for it

One of the best ways to find diamond is to dig very deep, I usually find plenty of diamonds in high density lava areas. But remember to bring as little as possible with you and constantly store all new diamonds that you find as dying in lava will terminate everything you had.

I'm digging a 15x15 shaft straight down, so hopefully I will come across some diamond soon!

I haven't found any diamonds yet. I do dig deep, but mostly around water areas. Will try out the lava areas. Thanks for the tip! I was digging underground yesterday and creating an underground maze, but when I flew up to the surface a crazy spider attacked me and I lost all of my findings. Boo. :mad:

Well, in my first couple days of Minecraft (a couple years ago) I didn't really mine for diamodns. I stuck to stone tools and building a house. Yet nowadays, I don't really play Survival but a couple weeks ago I made a Singleplayer world and in three days, I got 6 blocks of diamonds, 60 blocks of iron, 60 blocks of lapiz, and 20 blocks of gold. People don't realize if you know what your doing, how much more efficient it can be. My suggestions for getting diamonds is digging down to around 7 elevation, then starting a strip mine. The most efficient strip mine is to mine a 3 by 3 tunnel for about 10 blocks. After that, just mine passages out of it for about 50 blocks. Let's make something to make you understand. Let's say your in your 3 by 3 tunnel looking at the long wall. In the diagram, "|" means no block. "[]" means block.

| [] [] | [] [] | [] [] |
| [] [] | [] [] | [] [] |

As you can see, you get as many blocks as possible. One 2 by 1 passage can see six blocks. This compact mining will let you do this in as little time as possible. Also in a compact area. Here is another diagram to see whatblocks you see while mining a 2 by 1. Please use the key in the above diagram for this one too.

- [] -
[] | []
[] | []
- [] -

Okay that should help you get more diamonds ;).

PS. I know this is hard to understand so feel free to ask questions and I will happily answer them.

Man, oh man, this brings back memories. The first time I went diamond hunting was very tiring and disappointing until I finally found some. I dug all the way until the bedrock then went up 16 steps. A friend of mine told me this was a "sweet" level for finding diamonds. I starting mining all around that level for a good thirty minutes. I got very discouraged, but eventually I finally found those suckers. Best Minecraft moment so far.

Back