How do you feel about Microsoft Points being phased out?

its already in action with the xblive beta.. they have already converted my spare points to money.

It's a great idea from Microsoft I commend them for doing this and I'm happy.

I hate it! They just messed up one of the best deals that a Live user could have. Retail stores had no problem throwing in nonsensical points in with their deals, but an actual card that says $50, yeah, they will hold back on that one.

I don't know-It doesn't really matter to me either way. The change has been pretty seamless, but I do see Sugarhill's point as well.

I personally really like it because it means you wont have any of those spare Microsoft Points just chilling around for no reason never being able to be spent on anything. Now you are able to pay the exact amount for what you want and not worry about over spending and having the rest of the money just sitting there. I think its a nice way to improve the customers money management and it probably should have been done a lot sooner if ya ask me.

I am pleased that they removed Microsoft points. It was always a nuisance to have to deal with anyway and the conversion rate of points to currency always made it seem like they were scamming you. In a way though, I will miss it. It was such an Xbox feature to have "Microsoft points" and now I just feel like "Meh, Money is money I suppose"

I likes the points because I always got the 1600 point cards and most of the DLC today is 1200msp.. The change rolls over and you feel like you get something every so often without paying for it.

I'm happy they are gone, now we don't have to buy staggered point amounts just to get what we want. I don't know why they would do it though, unused points must have been a tremendous source of profit.

Back