How many hours do you play live?

Guy

There are some gamers out there who will play from the first moment they wake up until it's time to go back to sleep, and then there are some who play about 2 hours everyday.

Many have families, so they just play when they can. How many hours would you say you play on a regular? Do you have one day of the week like on Saturday when you just play all day? Or something like that.

I wish I had the time to play all day these days like I used to when I was a kid, but sadly them days are long gone for me. Work and family commitments get in the way these days and while some weekends I do get the chance to play all day, they come along very rarely these days unfortunately.

On an average week I get maybe an hour or two in the evening and maybe a bit more at the weekends, but nowhere near the 12 hour sessions I used to be able to have. Those were the days!.

Reactions: Guy
There are days when I can play more, and days when I don't play at all. On the weekends if I'm not going anywhere at night, I can play and stay up late to catch up with games. I work from 7 am to 7 pm so there is not much time in between :D

Well I am glad to say that I am not the person who wakes up and then plays until they fall asleep, because that seems a tad excessive. I do allot a good amount of time for my gaming though, but it has gone down a little in the recent years. I would say that I average about ten hours a week, which is pretty good for me.

There are days when I can play more, and days when I don't play at all. On the weekends if I'm not going anywhere at night, I can play and stay up late to catch up with games. I work from 7 am to 7 pm so there is not much time in between :D

I hear you on those 12 hours shifts. When GTA 5 came out, I had just worked from 5 in the morning to 7 pm actually, and had to come in at 5 again. I knew I needed to get some rest, but I had to be at the midnight release. I then told myself to go home and just hook everything up after work the next day.

I failed, I went home and played until it was time to go to work. I almost stayed up for 48 hours because of my shifts.

Seeing as judging by the responses to the thread already, we all play for different periods of time so would it not be better for Microsoft to maybe introduce a change to their pricing of Xbox Live? T the moment we can only buy a yearly subscription, and so those that play online everyday are obviously getting better value for money than those that only play once a week.

Maybe they could introduce a weekly or monthly payment option instead to make it better value for money for those that don't play a lot? I know it will never happen but it would be a nice gesture from them all the same if they at least considered it.

I personally only play it for upto 5 hours on saturday and sundays. As for the rest of the week, just have got too much on my plate and therefore I am not able to play at all.

Also, currently I am running short on new games as well which is another reason why my playing time has come down,

Well I guess that's also another issue as ell, and if people don't have the new games coming out that they want to play, then they're obviously not going to play as much as they would do if they had new titles constantly available.

Maybe that's just more evidence if needed that Microsoft can charge monthly for the Xbox Live service rather than having to pay upfront and all in one lump sum.

Roughly 2-3 hours on weeknights, Weekends can be an all day adventure if I'm playing with really fun people. It all depends, sometimes the trolls ruin it.

I probably play Xbox about 8 hours a week. Of those 8 hours 4 of them are devoted to Xbox Live. When I was growing up multiplayer games online was not a thing. I do embrace and love the idea of playing online but I also love playing games offline, in the solo mode. I have never understood my friends who will buy a new game and then never actually play the game. They will only play online multiplayer. It blows my mind!

Before online gaming became popular, I don't think that people did play their systems as much as what they do now. Solo gaming was probably more popular than multi-player gaming, and if you did want to play games with others it meant you going to their house, or them coming to your's.

Now we can play games with almost as many different people as we want, from all over the world from the comfort of your own home, so the rise of multi-player gaming is bound to increase at the same rate as online gaming as it seems that this is the main reason that online gaming became so popular in the first place.

I usually play when my friends are around, which is on weekends. I so wish I could play more, but my life is pretty hectic right now and I don't get to spend as much time behind my controller as I would like.

Recently with the exceptions of Rocket League and Overwatch I haven't been playing multiplayer much at all. With games like the Bioshock remastered, Skyrim and Final Fantasy XV coming that may not change. I do intend to pick up Battlefield 1 so I'm sure I'll get some online play in with that.

0. Yes, I know! 0 hours? Way too much! Ok, more seriously... I actually play 0 hours since I'm not really into the multiplayer scene - I don't have any gamer friend, and playing with strangers doesn't really fit me. Also I have a terrible internet connection, if I started to play live it would take hours just to load a server.

Like I've said in past post if a game doesn't have multiplayer, it's not a dealbreaker. But I thoroughly enjoy live gameplay.

On an average gaming day, I'll spend 4 hours on live, and probably 3 offline. I also recently upgraded my ISP provider and router. So my internet connection has become way smoother for online gameplay nowadays.

I also have a really good internet speed so I have no problems whatsoever playing live. It honestly depends on my real life responsibilities. Some weeks more, some less. If I had to say on regular, around 2 hours per day on live and 2 offline.

That time can increase if I have a lot of spare time though... especially on a Saturday. All day gaming sessions during big releases :) haha. I gamed more back when I was still in high school.

Back