Xbox One I heard the Xbox One will have a built in capture card.

Rocky55119

From
Minnesota
Hey! I'm new to the Xbox One forums and I thought my first post would be something I was a bit confused about. I heard the Xbox One would have a built in Capture Card to record your game play. Now this sounded great to me, but I heard some YouTubers say that it would only record up-to 4 minutes. Has anybody gotten any exact specs for this Capture Card or any news about it? Thanks

-Rocky

I think they call it Game DVR, or in Xbox One's case, "Upload Studio" which allows you to record 5 minutes of gameplay which you can later edit and even do voice-over for uploading and sharing with other people.

I'm not 100% on this, but I believe when you play a game the Xbox One is always recording the last 20 or 30 minutes, and using the upload studio you can pick any 5 minute section to edit/upload/share.

You should also know that Xbox One allows for live game streaming via Twitch. Using twitch, your stream is always recorded and saved on twitch.com under your account. I use this on my PC. In essence, you could record and save near unlimited about of gameplay videos to twitch, the download/edit them later, bypassing the 5 minute limit for Xbox One's built in DVR/Upload Studio.

Hey! I'm new to the Xbox One forums and I thought my first post would be something I was a bit confused about. I heard the Xbox One would have a built in Capture Card to record your game play. Now this sounded great to me, but I heard some YouTubers say that it would only record up-to 4 minutes. Has anybody gotten any exact specs for this Capture Card or any news about it? Thanks

-Rocky

There's a post in the news section on this, but basically its an in game DVR and it records 5 minutes of video. Microsoft said in the future they can change the capture time allowed. Don't forget you can always stream to twitch.

I was going to mention something about twitch as well which I think is even more important. Live streaming entertainment is becoming an impressive industry and sub goal in a gamer's life. I can't wait myself to do it. I love the idea of being able to capture a bit of gameplay, but I think it'll saturate the digital content with people doing pretty much everything. It's going to make the need to make something more important then gunning someone down to break free of the crowd. Not a bad thing, but you know sometimes you might get tired of the 9000 halo players pulling off the same kill.

It's funny to me that all of the people who complained about being "always on" or the 24 hour check in never said one word about the live streaming. They were fine with that, which should be impossible to do with their "poor, pathetic internet service" that couldn't withstand anything else that the One was scheduled to do.

I agree, Sugarhill, the 24 hour online thing is kind of an over reaction, but its one that's necessary to keep corporate giants in check and to help them learn how to communicate to the people that are going to make them money. I talked about it before and I stick by my guns. If you're going to say something is always on, you need to state the things that make it always on, instead of using the phrase always on, maybe. Everyone is very security conscious and if I had a daughter I wouldn't want her to date someone with always on Kinect you know. Its fears like that, though they have no roots, they are able to create back lash. Gentle words, gentle movements, small waves.

I agree, Sugarhill, the 24 hour online thing is kind of an over reaction, but its one that's necessary to keep corporate giants in check and to help them learn how to communicate to the people that are going to make them money. I talked about it before and I stick by my guns. If you're going to say something is always on, you need to state the things that make it always on, instead of using the phrase always on, maybe. Everyone is very security conscious and if I had a daughter I wouldn't want her to date someone with always on Kinect you know. Its fears like that, though they have no roots, they are able to create back lash. Gentle words, gentle movements, small waves.

They could have dealt with the situation much better if they could have worded the new policies in a way that wasn't so strong. But no, they had to go all guns blazing saying that it has to be connected 24 hours and you can't share your games, and keeping the explanations to a minimum. And then they try to backpedal everywhere and no one knows what is true or not.

Actually, you would prefer the always on Kinect as that is something she could see and consider, it's the things that she can't and won't that you need to fear.

Either way, I personally don't think that Microsoft was given an opportunity to discuss always on because the rumor of it got out way before E3 and there was no way for them to dig out of the hole that others were steadily digging.

Back