Xbox 360 Imperials or Stormcloaks?

Chicanery

I've only started playing the game fairly recently (late into the playing field =P) but I still haven't chosen since I have issues with both sides. I don't think I'll ever choose, to be honest. The Stormcloaks are racist to dark elves, and to a certain extent, anyone who isn't a Nord. The Imperials on the other hand are practicing another type of discrimination, which is trying to control the beliefs of a population by preventing the worship of a god.

But that's just me. During your play of Skyrim, which side did you choose for the civil war and why?

You're right about there being dilemmas from choosing either side, and I'm sure this was intentional. The ultimate choice is freedom vs stability, and I chose the former, the Stormcloaks. I'll do another run-through and try the Imperial side, but I think I might slightly prefer the Stormcloaks' vision for Skyrim, flawed as it may be in certain ways. I also think that you can argue that the Stormcloaks may have opened up to those who aren't Nords after the civil war, but I don't have much to base that on.

Wow, I've never thought of it that way. It makes sense that Bethesda would make this decision hard for us, because like life itself, nothing is sorted clearly between good and bad. If you look at it in that broad, bigger-picture point of view, I too would lean towards freedom as well. It does bring up the question of what would happen to the Imperials and Cyrodill if the White Gold Concordant was broken though.

But yes, thanks for that! It gives me a bit of food for thought next time I play the game :)

When I originally played I choose the Imperials. I don't really know why, they just felt like the good guys and I wanted to be good. I really didn't like either fraction the Imperial where just annoying with their demands and wants so I just said effum and left the group by not doing anymore of their missions.

I think another reason I chose the Imperials was because their mission to join was just so much easier then that of the Stromcloaks. I mean they really wanted you to do a lot of work, just to join their measly group.

I think Imperials because the Stormcloaks are fighting the Imperials because they sided with the Elves to stop the war. Stormcloaks started a new war with Imperials because they hate the Elves. Therefore, I prefer the Imperials.

Stormcloaks for life. Enough said.

Actually though, I've done both quest lines, but Stormcloaks are definitely more for my kind of characters and play style.

You know it's been a while since I've played Skyrim, and I don't even remember what I picked the first time. I think I'm about due for a second play-through, so I should keep that in mind. I think I chose the Imperials, now that I think about it. At the time it was a pretty arbitrary decision because I had no idea what I was doing.

I play a Nord big melee fighter so Stormcloaks were the only option as far as I was concerned.
The whole sons of Skyrim rebelling against the government theme was pretty much the type of backstory I was roleplaying.

I never chose a side because I didn't like either of them really, I did do a few missions for the Imperial legion but I didn't enjoy choosing them, and also it bugged out my game :( so I had to start from scratch :(

Well... the Imperials wanted to execute me and the Stormcloak I was riding with not only helped me escape, but offered my the hearth of his sister... So I decided to side with the guys who weren't trying to murder me just because. And I say that as someone who always plays as a tall, slender Dark Elf male who is way into archery, sneaking about, and magic. Also the Imperialists are just jerks... I don't like them.

As far as gameplay goes, they're virtually the same, so it was irrelevant to me. Lore/story don't matter to me personally. If I were to choose based on those, then I'd pick the Imperials. Ulfric was a racist insurrectionist, his taking over would do Skyrim zero good.

I decided to join the Stormcloaks because I want to be a part of a rebel force. I wanted a new reign in Skyrim and wanted to be a part of it. Ive never tried the campaign for Imperials, maybe if im real bored one day ill play it and report back here to share my thoughts.

First playthrough Imperials....every one after that stormcloaks because the imperial city is a pain to get to.

i ended up choosing the stormcloaks because i had no idea what i was doing. there was a dragon attacking the town and someone told me to run, so i ran haha.

i ended up choosing the stormcloaks because i had no idea what i was doing. there was a dragon attacking the town and someone told me to run, so i ran haha.

Last dragon I saw I slowly sniped at (barely damaging it) while a mammoth killed it. Sounds like you had more common sense than I did.

I joined the Stormcloaks in each of my game files except for one where I haven't actually gotten around to doing either side's missions.

Speaking of save files, they're a mess to manage in Skyrim (and Oblivion) when you have multiple saves for one character and different characters. I like Dragon Age's system more.

I joined the Stormcloaks. When I was given the option I just remembered that the Imperials always rubbed me the wrong way in Oblivion.

I always play as Stormcloaks. I have gone the bulk of the game without picking a side for awhile...before eventually picking the Stormcloaks.

Back