Xbox 360 In comparison with Assassin's Creed 2

janelane1

What are everyone's thoughts on the original Assassin's Creed as compared with Assassin's Creed 2? The very first Assassin's Creed game I ever played was the second, and now I have the first one, thanks to Christmas. However, I heard a lot of people at the video game store say that the second Assassin's Creed is MUCH better than the first. Would everyone here tend to agree with that? Should I go into game play with low expectations?

I don't know if I would say that Assassin's Creed 2 is "much" better than the original, but the first one did have a few aggravating nuances that were resolved with the release of Assassin's Creed 2. They're both good games, but Assassin's Creed 2 is the better of the two.

I do think that Assassin's Creed 2 was an improvement over the first game, but like Tomas said, the original Assassin's Creed is still a good, fun game to play. It's worth owning, just like all the games that have followed it.

I agree, the first one was good. The run after the flag was a pain in the ass and too long. I find that is get better and better with the other. I think it's a must to play it to understand the beggining and I find it a little bit too much lineage for my taste

The second is a vast improvement over the first game, which I would compare to the third game in terms of frustration and lack of fulfillment by the end of the game.

I'd say AC2 is the better of the two, but not by much. Gameplay-wise everything is cleaned up and ship-shape, but I preferred the setting of AC1 much more.

In terms of contents and gameplay, Assassin's Creed 2 is definitely better than the first. It's got gameplay improvements, better story in my opinion, and a more interesting protagonist but the graphics are definitely inferior than AC 1.

I agree with all of that (what HeavensDevil said) although when it comes to graphics I could barely tell a difference really. I guess it could be down to what MetalSwift mentioned in the setting. I preferred the setting in AC1 as well. AC2 did everything better and made a tighter story whereas AC1 served its purpose as Assassin's Creed 101.

Little difference between the two other than setting. Everything is more fluid and sharper in AC2 and I did prefer that setting to AC1, but you could come up with roughly any historical backdrop and still have largely the same game. It was all in the story writing that set the two apart.

Would everyone here tend to agree with that? Should I go into game play with low expectations?

AC2 is better, but not MUCH. I'd say go in with realistic expectations, not low ones. Now when you get to AC3, go in with low ones.

That's a good way to put it, go in with realistic expectations and enjoy it. Don't go in looking for "Oh this is ass, that's ass...oh no look at this, that's better in AC2. The controls are so meh, the graphics are meh" and so on. Just enjoy it.

Back