Xbox One Is There Any Good Reason To Choose The Xbox One Anymore?

famous1992

Personal preference, I prefer the controller, the online service, my friends are already on this platform, prefer the direction Microsoft are moving (IMO, Sony are too focused on the now, apart from Morpheus even though they were late to the party) whereas MS are more focused on the future of gaming, remember just my opinion.

But the biggest factor would be the exclusive games, IMO the Xbox exclusives appeal to me a lot more than the PS4 exclusives.

If I were to tell you why I'd get an Xbox One now, the list would be too long with how Phil Spencer has changed Xbox.

While I think it's common knowledge now that the Playstation 4 is outselling the Xbox ONE, I do still think that there are a lot of reasons why people will still buy one. The problem is though, Microsoft are in a no win situation now, and while the price of the console is being reduced to try and appeal to more people, what they are actually doing is buying both systems, so while the Xbox ONE is selling more, so is the Playstation 4 now as well, as people can now afford to buy both.

I thought about this for a while not too long ago. While I have no regrets whatsoever that the 360 was my main console over the PS3 last gen, this generation is so much closer. While there are certain games on the Xbox One that are not on the PS4 that I absolutely adore this generation (Zoo Tycoon, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Forza Horizon 2, Forza 5/6, Quantum Break and Halo: The Master Chief Collection) if I had a PS4 instead, I could have gotten the first three on Xbox 360 (or waited for the PS4 release for Tomb Raider but I wouldn't have done that). The only big games I have that I wouldn't if I had a PS4 instead of an Xbox One would be Forza 5/6 and Halo: The Master Chief Collection which would suck but it wouldn't be a huge deal since in the case of Forza I could get something similar on PS4 and if I hadn't played the Master Chief collection I wouldn't be a huge Halo fan like I am now. Plus, with a PS4 I could things I can't on Xbox One like Street Fighter V, No Man's Sky, and Uncharted 4. All in all, I wouldn't be upset if I had either console over the other since there are benefits to both. However, the thing that sets it over the edge for me preferring to have an Xbox One over a PS4 is that Fallout 4 mods have been out for close to two months already on Xbox One and there's no release date for PS4 in sight. As a completely non PC gamer and someone who's favorite game of this generation is Fallout 4, that's a big deal to me.

Microsoft introducing modding to console gaming as certainly upped the competition and I think that while the Playstation 4 will continue to sell better with the majority of console only gamers, if you are a PC gamer that wants to buy a console then you ill now think seriously about an Xbox ONE now more than you would have done, simply because of the modding element that it's got now.

I don't like the way console gaming is changing. They may be working for the future, but sooner or later the name "console" really won't be the best way to describe these system as they are released.

They are becoming so advanced, it might as well be called a media box like a blu-ray player or something. Everything is getting so expensive these days. I remember when I could buy a game for $60 which I hated, but I got everything that came with the game.

If they wanted to add something, it would come with a new game a few years later. I miss those times, now they give us downloadable content, and charge lots of money, plus all these other services they offer. I'd rather it just stick to gaming only.

Well I still know a lot of people who swear by the thing, so for them I would say that this is not even a question. For me though, I have been okay with letting it slip out of my interests for some time now, but I also must say that I am excited for this Scorpio. I really do not know what to expect, though, so for that I think I might need to go out and do a little research. Thanks for sharing.

With Microsoft teasing us now with the new Scorpio, I do think that more and more people are going to be looking at what that's going to bring to the table rather than thinking about the rest of the Xbox ONE's life and I think that's a shame as the Xbox ONE still as a lot to offer.

There's no doubt in my eyes that the Xbox ONE as been a little underwhelming, but that isn't to say that we should bury it just yet, and until the Scorpio does come out, it's still Microsoft's flagship console don't forget.

I guess the reduced price is as good a reason as any. That would certainly be incentive for me to choose the Xbox ONE over the Playstation 4 anyday. Maybe I just don't know enough about gaming to be able to consider other factors. I suppose if I could, I would just buy both of them...

I've said before a few times on the forum on different threads, buying both is an option that a lot of people are considering, and even more so now that the prices are starting to come down. That IS going to help increase sales of the Xbox but in terms of it being able to catch up with the Playstation 4 then if people are buying that as well then the gap will stay the same and so in that respect a price drop won't make all that much difference.

Back