Xbox One killer instinct pricing confirm.

sc_shark

You can download the game for free with one character available but extra fighters will cost £3.99/€4.99 each, Microsoft detailed on its Xbox Wire blog.

Alternatively, you can buy the Killer Instinct Combo Breaker pack, which includes six launch characters and will grant early access to two post-launch DLC fighters. This will cost £16.99/€19.99.

full article: Microsoft reveals Killer Instinct pricing and £34.99 Ultra Edition • News • Xbox One • Eurogamer.net

pricing model chatt.
[video=youtube;TtA8zX2WCYU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtA8zX2WCYU[/video]

seems like 40 dollars gets you everything plus emulated ki1...

You beat me to the punch, I was going to post this!

I think releasing the ultra for $40 bucks is a great move. Anyone serious about the game should get that considering all of the goodies that you get. The $5 freemium is tough though. You kind of can't pay for any more than 4 characters because then you might as well have bought the ultra bundle.

iirc their was a 20 dollar version as well. for the 6 release characters.
30 got you 6+2 later
40 got you 6+2+emulated ki1

i did like how he talked about continuing development next year as well not just rebooting or making a new game to get more money.

If they are going to piecemeal it apart like that, then they might as well just make the freemium version such that every stage and unlockable character is a microtransaction away. Then you can have character unlock bundles and such. No doubt they will also have different skins and costumes as well, anyway.

Though Killer Instinct was never one of my choice fighters, even if it was I would just get the total version. While its true most people settle on 1 or 2 main characters to use, they only decide that after experimenting with everyone.

Yea it's a shame. Whenever I pick up a fighting game I want to learn or at least use every character. If I was interested in Killer Instinct I would get the $40 version and just view it as buying a full game, its DLC and its original retro version and not paying $60. It suddenly sounds like one heck of a deal. I guess it's hard to make a fighting game F2P...

Back