Xbox One Kingdom Hearts 3 announced too soon?

andrew172

So Nomura has said that he feels that Kingdom Hearts 3 may have been announced to soon and that the game is still very far off from being completed in addition to the fact that Square Enix is mostly focusing on online games. What do you guys think? Are you glad that it was announced knowing that we have a good few years to wait? Or would you rather not have to wait so long after the announcement and for it to have been announced maybe next year instead?

So Nomura has said that he feels that Kingdom Hearts 3 may have been announced to soon and that the game is still very far off from being completed in addition to the fact that Square Enix is mostly focusing on online games. What do you guys think? Are you glad that it was announced knowing that we have a good few years to wait? Or would you rather not have to wait so long after the announcement and for it to have been announced maybe next year instead?

Well I kinda I agree on this. Sure they announced it too early, but come to think of, they must have announced it because they wanted to see how the gamer's reactions will be. This is also probably to see if the game will sell out.

It's to gauge reaction like Dom said. They know that there is a vocal group who want the game, but they want to see how big it is to warrant putting the effort in getting it out in a timely manner or if they can put the bulk of their resources in areas that are guaranteed to sell (Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest). It's coming out, it's just a matter of when and around what games.

Well, I think Nomura wanted to announce it 'cuz you know, he's probably been nagged about KH3 for so long. If you guys finished KH3D, you'll see there's a hint to what will happen to KH3 next. He also revealed in interviews after the reveal how fans have been asking him about KH3. So to let people know there's something worth to wait, he announced it. He revealed a lot of times that when FF15 is done, KH3 will be his next focus. Yeah, it might've been too soon but at least we all know KH3 is coming. And since it's the end of the Xehanort saga, he'll have the chance to finally show us all how it all ends for that bastardly villain. :-D glad he announced it.

It's better that Nomura said, even if it was too soon. At least we know there's a KH3 in development, rather than being left in the shadows. Nomura did say he'll focus heavily on KH3 after FF15's development. By the looks of things, since KH 1.5 and 2.5 HD Remix are getting released to get more people to understand the story revolved around KH3, and since KH3's gameplay videos have awesome potential, then I know we'll get KH3 in complete form, no doubt. So it also means FF15 will come soon to release.

It's to gauge reaction like Dom said. They know that there is a vocal group who want the game, but they want to see how big it is to warrant putting the effort in getting it out in a timely manner or if they can put the bulk of their resources in areas that are guaranteed to sell (Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest). It's coming out, it's just a matter of when and around what games.

This is a good point, I think so far, from what I've seen on online forums and boards and general conversations that the reaction from fans, and even people who've never played the series that we all want the game.

This is a good point, I think so far, from what I've seen on online forums and boards and general conversations that the reaction from fans, and even people who've never played the series that we all want the game.

You're right. I've checked most of the forums about the game and it's shows an increase of people who like the game and are hyped to get it.

well considering how long it's been hyped for and all the "teases" (I mean the secret endings before people knew they were for different games) I'm just glad that it's actually out there and didn't pull a HL3

On a totally different note...SO HYPED!

well considering how long it's been hyped for and all the "teases" (I mean the secret endings before people knew they were for different games) I'm just glad that it's actually out there and didn't pull a HL3

On a totally different note...SO HYPED!

Yeah man. I like the secret endings and teasers but then if Nomura just kept on dodging the chance to announce, I would've given up all hope to see KH3. But hey, glad he finally revealed. It was already on everybody's minds, so why not just announce it officially so we have something to wait for? What I'm hoping for is he doesn't turn it into his "The Last Guardian". And yes, it's not HL3 thank goodness.

You're right. I've checked most of the forums about the game and it's shows an increase of people who like the game and are hyped to get it.

See? Nomura did the right thing. Now, interest is increasing everywhere. Nomura's assured KH3 will be successful. Sure, he might've gone down a bit on the recent releases but with KH3 already announced, we'll be assured he's going to put an all-out assault to make sure it's the best thing ever released on consoles.

Gauging reaction to see when to release it makes sense. You could have the game done for sometime and just sit on it waiting for the right time (and a release when a FF or DQ are out isn't the right time). Also allocation of effort makes sense. You want to put 100% into a game, but something like FF or DQ have that seniority and are guaranteed to move copies easily.

Gauging reaction to see when to release it makes sense. You could have the game done for sometime and just sit on it waiting for the right time (and a release when a FF or DQ are out isn't the right time). Also allocation of effort makes sense. You want to put 100% into a game, but something like FF or DQ have that seniority and are guaranteed to move copies easily.

Yup, that's true. People everywhere are hyped up about it, so Nomura did the right thing. At least he has something to do after FF15 is done. I'm guessing on a 2015 or 2016 release. 2014 is the release of KH 2.5 HD Remix so what will 2015 bring? That could be KH3. If not, maybe another side story or something that can bridge the gap for KH3. 2016 is my last bet.

I can see KH3 by 2015. Waiting until 2016 just seems too far off. It's like knowing that Cyberpunk 2077 is in development but won't hit shelves until at least 2015. It's good to know, sure but you'll have to keep a steady stream of updates so that it doesn't fade or you get the "Are we there yet,"-type questions about the release.

Sure it was too soon, but I think they had no choice. People are getting antsy for the next Kingdom Hearts and all of these handheld releases and re-releases are working everyone's nerves. We want a full game, and I think the announcement will bring people's patience back now that we know for sure that another game will be in developement.

I can see KH3 by 2015. Waiting until 2016 just seems too far off. It's like knowing that Cyberpunk 2077 is in development but won't hit shelves until at least 2015. It's good to know, sure but you'll have to keep a steady stream of updates so that it doesn't fade or you get the "Are we there yet,"-type questions about the release.

when it comes to a established franchise and fanbase that some games like KH have it's very unlikely that those questions will even come into play. Look at the valve trio, in particular HL. Nothing new (officially) has popped up for a good long while but you just know that the second something pops up, even if they said it'd be like 10 years that people would be pumped the entire time....ok maybe 10 years is a little dramatic but you get my point.

While people would start questioning things, they could prob get away with another 3-4 "filler" games and people would still be happy

Sure it was too soon, but I think they had no choice. People are getting antsy for the next Kingdom Hearts and all of these handheld releases and re-releases are working everyone's nerves. We want a full game, and I think the announcement will bring people's patience back now that we know for sure that another game will be in developement.

They are probably just testing to see if the gamers will bite the game.

I feel like it was announced too soon. I think that does a number of things. One it gets people wanting something they can not have. They have to wait forever. People don't like to wait forever, and they end up getting irritated. Also, I feel like it puts pressure on game developers to hurry. When they start to rush under that kind of pressure they often release games with too many bugs.

Yup! Announced only to create hype for the new consoles. Now it'll be forever before I can play. I love this series!

Yup! Announced only to create hype for the new consoles. Now it'll be forever before I can play. I love this series!

I love the series too. Though it will take a while for us to wait for the release it's still a good thing that they had the videos up and ready to excite us.

I feel like it was announced too soon. I think that does a number of things. One it gets people wanting something they can not have. They have to wait forever. People don't like to wait forever, and they end up getting irritated. Also, I feel like it puts pressure on game developers to hurry. When they start to rush under that kind of pressure they often release games with too many bugs.

But then at the same time, if they didn't announce it, then there wouldn't be much interest anyway. I think it was a good thing to announce it, so at least there's something to look forward to. Each passing day has my excitement for the game rise higher and higher. Also, remember that Nomura said that when he's done with FF15, he'll work on KH3. But at the moment, the team that worked on the KH handheld games are working on it as we speak so it means that even when he finally works on it, he's already got the game worked on halfway which should make it easier. And also, they're about to release KH HD 2.5 Remix, which will compile the second half of the KH games on PS3, so 2015 could mean KH3's release or another game that will add to the KH lore.

Back