Xbox One Lords Of Fallen: A re-skinned Dark Souls game?

wowtgp

Let me first clarify that I am really looking forward to that game. But I can't help but get the Dark Souls vibe from it. What do you think of this game?

Hadn't heard of it but I will have to look it up now, due to the comparison to the Souls games. Though it's not as awesome if it doesn't have similar online features so I hope it has some coop and PvP!

Hmm...I can sort of see what you mean about the re-skin, but it still looks different enough that I wouldn't really consider it a rip off of Dark Souls. It looks more like High Fantasy than the world that Dark Souls and Dark Souls II happens in as well.

Alright I looked up the game. I had actually heard about it but forgotten. Some hands-on impressions mention the control scheme is the same as Dark Souls, very interesting. Similar grimdark medieval fantasy world and a focus on being challenging... sounds like I'll be right at home with Lords of the Fallen, as a Souls fan.

Still, it's not as great as Souls without the multiplayer component! But yeah, pretty great. Man there's this, Bloodborne (though PS4 exclusive) and DkS2 DLCs for me to look forward to. Life's good.

Of course it's not like more Dark Souls style gameplay is a bad thing.

Well, they did say that the game is inspired by Dark Souls and Darksiders so it doesn't come as a surprise if you get Dark Souls vibe from it. I saw the demo at E3 and there are similarities but I'm sure there's more that they haven't shown yet. Anyway, I don't mind if it's similar as long as it's a good game and not just a bad clone.

Hmm...I can sort of see what you mean about the re-skin, but it still looks different enough that I wouldn't really consider it a rip off of Dark Souls. It looks more like High Fantasy than the world that Dark Souls and Dark Souls II happens in as well.

I hope that what you are saying is true indeed. I am really looking forward to that game and don't want it to be a disappointment.

Well it doesn't look too bad. Even if it is just Dark Souls by any other name, that isn't a bad thing as long as it plays well.

Back