Xbox One Microsoft buying iPhones and iPads for store credit

jstep

Former Moderator
From
The D
Have you been thinking about getting rid of your iPad or iPhone recently? If you're like me, well, then the answer is no :) But if you are, Microsoft is running a promo right now that might just interest you. They are giving a minimum $200 store credit for your old devices, as mentioned below. Anyone plan on taking them up on this offer?

The company has launched a new promotion where consumers can bring in a "gently used" iPhone 4s or iPhone 5 to receive a minimum $200 gift card to the Microsoft Store.The promotion began today and will run through November 3. It is available at select Microsoft retail stores in the United States (including Puerto Rico) and Canada, but not online.
Microsoft began buying iPads earlier this month, giving out the same $200 credit for "gently used" iPad 2, 3, and 4 units. That promotion expires October 27.

Via Gamespot

Well this would of been nice to know last night:). I traded in my wife's iPhone 4S to sprint for 148 credit.

Not a bad deal if it's $200 minimum. You should get more money for the bigger hard drive ones though. But I would still recommend people to sell it privately if they want as for it as possible.

Not a bad deal if it's $200 minimum. You should get more money for the bigger hard drive ones though. But I would still recommend people to sell it privately if they want as for it as possible.

*Flash-drive no HDD in current iPhones. Just a FYI lol

Haha! I'll take my old iphones in, wonder how old they will take them...

Well the OP says 4s and 5.

That is a fantastic idea by Microsoft. I have one old iPhone 4s but I don't think I will sell it to Microsoft for store credit. Although the idea is a great idea by Microsoft, I'm just not ready to sell my iPhone.

I mean, it's a nice deal, but seriously, they are just doing that to the competition? I do wonder what they do with them. Maybe they reuse some parts inside of them? That would be pretty crazy, even for Microsoft.

im not giving up my ios apple stuff.. dont get me wrong i hate ios7... but apple stuff just plain works.
ipad2
iphone4
iphone4s

its to the point my mother who cant use a computer at all can get on a ipad2 and navigate it with ease... that says allot to me. she has even said i kinda want an iphone. i asked her why her response was this. it looks the same as my ipad2 so i should be able to use it without calling you or bothering you with instructions. so i may be giving her my 4s and i may get a 5 or 5c. my carrier dosnt have 5s and wont for a while.

I have an ipad that I hardly ever use nowadays. I would consider trading it in. I'm not sure if I could get more than $200 on the secondary market like craigslist etc. I am kind of surprised that microsoft is offering this deal in the first place. Anyone know what their motivation behind it is?

Back