Microsoft Renames Xbox Live Marketplace to 'Xbox Games Store'

sc_shark

More changes are happening at Microsoft in preparation for the launch of the Xbox One. Microsoft has decided to re-brand the Xbox Live Market place to the Xbox Games Store. Not that it matters but its another change. Let see if they try and market it like steam.

Microsoft officially killed off the former this past Friday, rebranding it to the latter in an effort to simplify the company's multiple platforms well in advance of its big console launch later this year.

"That's right, [Xbox Live Marketplace] is now called the Xbox Games Store, and will sit alongside the Xbox Music Store and Xbox Video Store. This is to make it easier for consumers to find content both on Xbox 360 today and Xbox One when it launches in November," said an unnamed Microsoft representative.

Via: PCMag

They have changed a lot of things lately, haven't they? It seems like they are doing a lot of things simultaneously.

time line is getting smaller. just think in about 4 weeks we should have a bit more info... release date. cup info. final hardware specs..(dont expect much change) dashboard shots(working) general layout. they have already said expect info on re order stuff soon. their is allot that could still be said/shown.

I have to admit, the rebranding of everything "Xbox" is beginning to make me thing that "Xbox" is a stupid name. I don't know why. It was just fine before, but Xbox Music and Xbox Video just seem to make it stand out more and it's just not working for me. It's a personal problem. I'll get over it.

I'm certainly not complaining about the name change. Some changes can be good and some can be bad, you'll never know. I know Xbox is changing up all these things, but hopefully it will be all worth it with the new Xbox One.

I'm not surprised Microsoft is having some upheaval over there what with changes in executive command and such. Hopefully they won't have any more of the issues they were having during June-July. That said I'm not sure I get why you'd bother with something so minor... whatever.

Back