Xbox One Microsoft takes you inside “the brains” of Xbox One Kinect – VIDEO

KN1GHTMARE

Former Moderator
From
NJ
Website
socialclub.rockstargames.com
Microsoft has detailed how a Silicon Valley-based hardware team collaborated with its research time on overcoming Kinect’s “technological hurdles with the new time-of-flight sensing camera” in the peripheral for Xbox One. According to the post, a time-of-flight camera “emits light signals and then measures how long it takes them to return.” Very techy stuff really.

Apparently, it needs to be “accurate to 1/10,000,000,000 of a second,” or the speed of light. Things that most people cannot wrap their brains around, but some will find interesting.

Luckily for those of us who just know that light moves once a switch is turned on, there’s a video showing some of this below.

[video=youtube_share;ziXflemQr3A]http://youtu.be/ziXflemQr3A[/video]​

Okay...that was pretty awesome stuff. I am SO impressed with the Kinect hardware right now, merely from a technological stand point. Even if none of this is applied to gaming, it is a piece of very impressive hardware ingenuity. I am floored by how perceptive the new sensor is and I can't wait to get my hands on it and more importantly for developers to really go crazy developing amazing ideas with this tech.

Source: Youtube via VG 24/7

Also not sure if you've seen it, but here's another video demonstrating Kinect 2.0

[video=youtube_share;bydLSVVuaRM]http://youtu.be/bydLSVVuaRM[/video]

Source: YouTube

That is pretty awesome. I used the original kinect before and tried it out on a couple of sports games. The complexity of it astonished me and it worked quite well but it was quite buggy as sometimes it couldn't find you properly. Also if people walked in the background it would mess up. Probably still is the case but at least it is a lot smarter now.

Thanks for posting the video. It definitely looks like a significant improvement over the old technology. I like how the entire living room is "kinected". All of the features might not apply to games right away but over time they will be incorporated. It is interesting that the sensor can see in the dark. I tend to play games in the dark rather than the light. This video has me pumped!

looks neat. would have liked to see him lift weigt or dumbells maybe a squat with weight on sholder. see how it shows where for is not just on a walking standard.

Back