Xbox One MMO's on xbox one??

sc_shark

discuss..

could it happen with the hardware on the next gen consoles? would people play it or concider it as a long term game with the new platforms.

so i got into a fun joking match with a friend. she really plays mmo's and was saying it has given me 6+years of gamming.. i said i would be bored with a game at 6 years it sounds like its just a grind. do you think we could see a good mmo or crosover to the xb1 or ps4?

i think world o warcraft,ultima online,final fantacy fit in these caragories.

so what say you would you pick up a mmo on next gen if they brought one in that had long term playability(2++years)

Not really going to happen on the Xbox One. You see, MMO's require fast response times and tons of key combinations, so the console controller's aren't going to cut it (and they never will). MMO's are for Keyboard+Mice, therefore they are PC stuff only. RPGs (NOT MMORPGs, just RPGs) like Final Fantasy, that's a different story, because they're not realtime RPG's and require only selecting options out of a given list to play and advance the story. Stuff like World of Warcraft, Elder Scrolls Online, TERA, etc, they're all realtime and would be impossible to play on an Xbox One controller. We know Microsoft's not going to support Keyboard+Mouse on consoles, so sorry man, it's not going to happen.

This is only work if they adapt the games to have lesser spells like Guild Wars 2, for example in World of Warcraft I have more than 40 spells binded to my keyboard it would never work with a controller. But as I would like to go from PC to the next gen consoles I would like to have my favorite mmo's in consoles.

oh im not mad im not a mmo player it was just a conversation with a mmo player/console discussion i had last week.

i was just looking for the feelings of this community on the subject.

Just a question.So Phantasy Star Online and Defiance are not considered MMO's.I don't really know anything about MMO's but World of Warcraft.(Because it was so popular,commercials,and SouthPark did a hilarious episode)

Never got the WOW thing. Don't play it on PC, wouldn't play it on XBone. Not talking down to those who are into it. To each his own. When you talk about 40 spells blinded to keyboard, I wonder if they could use Kinect to voice spells. Might be cool.

Never got the WOW thing. Don't play it on PC, wouldn't play it on XBone. Not talking down to those who are into it. To each his own. When you talk about 40 spells blinded to keyboard, I wonder if they could use Kinect to voice spells. Might be cool.

WOW is just a particular type of MMO, and is not in any way what MMOs are.

The only real issue I can find with a console MMO is the lack of a keyboard for chatting. Sure, you could do party chats w/your buds, but what about w/other players in towns/hubs? I think more MMO's are coming out on consoles than before and I'd gladly try them.

WIth developments like Borderlands 2 and GTA V where multiplayer is so very native, the idea of an MMO on Xbox isn't that far fetched. It will have to be quite the gamble though because the market for MMO players all belong to the computer, because there just hasn't been an IP that can contend with WOW and Guild Wars. You also find that the MMO player is a bit more hardcore than others and will be willing to have a complex control scheme. Diablo III brought a control scheme that made Diablo feel like it was built for the Xbox in the first place. This is what MMO companies will need to take on in order to even begin pandering to the Xbox crowd.

Yea that was announced a while back, but nothing substantial has been showed or said since.

Supposedly the next State of Decay game will be an MMO. I'm confident we'll see a lot more online/mmo games, especially since Windows and Xbox both share the same Azure servers. I could see a lot of MMO's requiring Windows 8 or Xbox One with gamers playing in the same world.

We've also got some hybrids on the horizon, such as Destiny and The Division, the latter of which is being marketed as a MMO.

I could possibly see MMO games like WOW coming to a console in the near future, especially with the Kinect technology we have now. Spells could possibly be spoken through the Kinect instead of typed through a keyboard and/or it might even become more feasible to just hook up a keyboard wirelessly. However, it seems to me that most PC-only games require a lot more power (processing, memory, etc.) than what a typical console can handle, and I don't know how you could rectify that. You can upgrade your hardware in your computer pretty easy, but you can't really do that with a console.

Back