Xbox One Multiplayer only?

Oakster

I read on Wikipedia that this will be "multiplayer with single-player elements".
What do you think this means? I understand that you need to play online against other people but what do they mean single-player elements?

All singleplayer elements such as campaign will be done on the multiplayer side.

This means that there will be no single player mode. All gameplay will be regulated to multi-player. That's why I'm a little hesitant to purchase this game since I don't think I will enjoy a game that is strictly multi-player. However this isn't anything new, as certain games such as Warhawk also don't have a single player campaign. Still I for one enjoy playing single player and I think I will wait until a price drop to but Titanfall.

I was supremely interested in Respawn's next title, and I'm still impressed by what they've achieved, but I can't look past the exclusion of single player. They noted in an interview with Game Informer magazine that they felt that most players barely played the single player, and went straight to multiplayer (thus rendering single player campaign development a waste of resources). Unfortunately, I think they forgot that they were working on Call of Duty their entire time at Infinity Ward. Call of Duty players normally don't care for narrative complexity, and just want to play online. That doesn't mean that everyone is going to feel the same way about a new IP. I'm sure the multiplayer will be excellent, but I'm not going to spend 60 dollars for an online experience only.

Remember Brink? That was singleplayer elements done via multiplayer. It wasn't as good as everyone thought it was going to be.

I was really really looking forward to this game, but this is a deal breaker for me. I like storylines like in COD where I can
do what I want, take my time as I am not that good and play how I like.

This means that there will be no single player mode. All gameplay will be regulated to multi-player. That's why I'm a little hesitant to purchase this game since I don't think I will enjoy a game that is strictly multi-player. However this isn't anything new, as certain games such as Warhawk also don't have a single player campaign. Still I for one enjoy playing single player and I think I will wait until a price drop to but Titanfall.

Yeah, precisely. no single player feature on it.

Back