Xbox One Need for Speed Rivals Announced for Xbox One

Damnlag

Website
www.youtubegaming.com
EA has announced Need for Speed Rivals for current generation platforms as well as Xbox One and PlayStation 4. The game is being developed by Swedish-based Ghost Games (formerly EA Gothenburg) in collaboration with current franchise stewards Criterion Games.

Need for Speed Rivals will hit current generation platforms on November 19, 2013. The Xbox One and PlayStation 4 versions are promised “later this year.” There's also a PC version in the works.

You can read more about this over at IGN.

Well, nothing too impressive there. Need for Speed as been one of the big franchises from EA, so of course they will try to get some money out of it with the new platforms.
What would be cool is that Criterion Games released a new Burnout game!

I second that Burnout notion, and I also can't wait to see what Forza would look like. Especially now with things like Occulus Rift and other projects coming out, racing games are going to be so intense in the next few years. Man, F1 2014's going to be amazing too.

The last Need for Speed was kind of a remake of the first Need for Speed on PlayStation.

For me it's always great news to hear anything regarding the Need for Speed franchise. It's always been a favorite of mine, racing buy new cars, customizing them as you see fit. I hope they don't change the games to much on the next gen consoles.

Seems nothing different then the previous NFS so I'm not too excited about this game. For some odd reason, I always feel that the EA games or Electronic Arts guys are always falling behind the top developers.

I agree. I checked the game play earlier and it does look like the previous Need for Speed version. Well it's still too early to say this, but either way I really think that EA games is falling behind. I wish they could develop the game more. Like maybe add some twists like adding an option to create your own car from scratch.

I just ordered this from Amazon, it was on sale, and will post a review in a few days. It should come Friday it said.

From what I have read, most of the reviews say the graphics are very nice with the new frostbite engine and game play
was good as you can play as either a racer or cop.

Most of the bad was with about multiplayer and its limitations, more than about the game itself. One review I just read
was gushing about it saying how great it looked and played, but after knocking the multiplayer, only gave it 8 stars. Another was
similar and didn't like the kinect ability in the game.

So the game itself seems solid, the MP and extras seem soso.

I have this now and can say the graphics are nice and game play is very fun. I am still getting used to the controls
as I bob and weave all over still, but I am glad I got it.

The gameplay? Does it look just like the previous versions? Is it better than Forza? I want to know before I get this game. I would appreciate your thoughts on this.

I have not played prior versions or Forza. Forza is a plain race around a track game and you just race around a track. This you race around normal roads and a lot more freely. You also chase others or get chased and do a lot more.

From what I heard, Forza probably has better graphics. So it comes down to do you want a 9.5 out of 10 graphics and just race around a track or do you want 8.5 graphics and to race all over, even offroad and chase/be chased and do other things.

Forza is okay. If I'm going to choose between Need for Speed Rivals and Forza, I would definitely choose Need for Speed Rivals. Forza for me has a rating of 7 out of 10, meanwhile Need for Speed Rivals still keeps me at 9 out of 10. I have played a lot of Need for speed games starting from the first version which was a pc game.

I played NSF a lot last night as both cop and racer and it's really fun.

You don't even have to follow things, I was smashing thru fences and going off road where I could and just having fun.

Well, we know it's coming to XB1, so let's have some gameplay from that version. So far, game looks good and plays good. Anybody who waited it out can be relieved to know Rivals is coming out with the XB1 version soon.

Wow, this doesn't look bad at all. This might be a good game for the owners out there. Hmmm, might buy this one when I get an Xbox One. I hope it plays well, though. I don't want it to be end up like a mediocre racer.

Finally. This surely is a game to look out for. For those who have played Forza like me I guess this is a better game compared to it. I want to get this as soon as it is out. The graphics and the game play does seem better compared to the previous versions. I will look forward to having this game.

The game is really fun. I was playing it a lot last night.

Wow. A next-gen version for Rivals eh? This is going to be sweet. At least now Xbox One players can all it out. Yes, yes, the drift in next-gen is back baby!

Yup, the drift of the next gen consoles. I thought it would be just like the previous games but this game has improved a lot since the last one. I guess this will be a good addition to my game list.

And then comes the Ford Mustang 2015! Wow, a car that hasn't even been out until next year? This is so next-gen definitely. I cannot wait for this. Yowza!

Back