Xbox One Negative Xbox One press

Yeah, the funniest thing about the console wars is that both consoles are completely sold out and will probably be hard to find through the end of the holidays. Every PS4 and XB1 they can make will fly off the shelf. Having a healthy and close competition between the two means that the winner is... the gamer! Heaven forbid if one of the console makers pushed the other out of the market one day. It would be like with sports games when there's only one game for a sport each year... no competition means no innovation.

There's no wrong choice this next gen. Both sides will be loving life in a few weeks... well one a week earlier. :p

True enough. Sony has an example of how little companies can care when they basically have a monopoly. Check out the Japanese PS+ offerings compared to the Western ones. Totally awful, because Sony has no competition from Microsoft in Japan and Sony's Wii and Wii U aren't in the same league as the PS systems. I think they only have good PS+ offerings for Vita, because the 3DS is an actual competitor in that case. But seriously, I remember reading how Japanese PS+ subscribers got a demo of some trash game as an offering while Western subscribers were getting actual games.

So yeah, competition is definitely helpful.

Exactly. People fight so hard to defend their choice and make it seem like the other is inferior in every way, it's ridiculous.

Hell, I bet Sony and Microsoft even enjoy each other's products. For example, Sony's Shuhei Yoshida has an Xbox 360 and a Wii U. The 360 is even a Halo limited edition. Bet some fanboys would be shocked to hear that the ones they "side with" buy their competition's products, heheh...

You would hear the THUMP of fanboys having a heart attack at the same time...

J

Some more gems from the "fair and balanced" gaming media.

A "lucky" gamer gets X1 early and is banned by the evil empire!

http://kotaku.com/and-heres-another-guy-who-seems-to-have-an-xbox-one-a-1461279632

In reality, they just disabled his X1 Live account until the real launch day, which is standard industry practice. Lots of people have early access to games and have the same thing happen. But with MS though... pure EVIL!

Another one of my favorites complaining about the "surprise" (announced months ago in realty) day 1 update (Sony has one too...)

http://www.engadget.com/2013/11/08/xbox-one-day-one-update-details/

The funny thing is the requirements for X1 say that you need a broadband Internet connection, yet people still complain.

Some more gems from the "fair and balanced" gaming media.

A "lucky" gamer gets X1 early and is banned by the evil empire!

http://kotaku.com/and-heres-another-guy-who-seems-to-have-an-xbox-one-a-1461279632

In reality, they just disabled his X1 Live account until the real launch day, which is standard industry practice. Lots of people have early access to games and have the same thing happen. But with MS though... pure EVIL!

Another one of my favorites complaining about the "surprise" (announced months ago in realty) day 1 update (Sony has one too...)

http://www.engadget.com/2013/11/08/xbox-one-day-one-update-details/

The funny thing is the requirements for X1 say that you need a broadband Internet connection, yet people still complain.

+1 to the day one mandatory update surprise stories all over the Internet. C-Net ran one as well, as if we didn't know this would be important for day one buyers. C-Net even went so far as to ask Microsoft, "So, if this update is so important and users won't be able to play games without it, what will this mean for folks who don't have internet connectivity day one?" Seriously??? As if they are trying to stir controversy! Give me a break...

J

Microsoft is real bad at marketing. And it shows. Clearly.

Nice-Try-GIF.gif

+1 to the day one mandatory update surprise stories all over the Internet. C-Net ran one as well, as if we didn't know this would be important for day one buyers. C-Net even went so far as to ask Microsoft, "So, if this update is so important and users won't be able to play games without it, what will this mean for folks who don't have internet connectivity day one?" Seriously??? As if they are trying to stir controversy! Give me a break...

J

The funny thing the "other" console has a day 1 patch too and nobody says a word about it. They'll just download it and not say anything.

The funny thing the "other" console has a day 1 patch too and nobody says a word about it. They'll just download it and not say anything.

Funny you should mention that... I just read that today! Hmmm... Isn't it interesting that type of information hasn't been widely announced...

J

So it seems that this bad press has affected early sales. It is hard to say if they are losing to Sony because of the higher price or because of the bad press. I would guess it is a combination of teh two. I imagine they will do great throughout the consoles lifespan and people will forget about this stuff.

So it seems that this bad press has affected early sales. It is hard to say if they are losing to Sony because of the higher price or because of the bad press. I would guess it is a combination of teh two. I imagine they will do great throughout the consoles lifespan and people will forget about this stuff.

Where have you seen that early sales are suffering? I thought both systems were sold out everywhere... Wouldn't that indicate strong sales?

J

Can't say I really care for the news on either console, I'll wait for both to come out and then try to go in for one or the other on facts preferably.

Funny you should mention that... I just read that today! Hmmm... Isn't it interesting that type of information hasn't been widely announced...

J

It HAS been widely announced and everyone does know it, the thing is that there is so much bad press for X1 that this kind of thing is just blown out of proportion. People buying the PS4 are non-plussed about it because this is pretty much the only outright negative thing about the console that they are hearing.

It HAS been widely announced and everyone does know it, the thing is that there is so much bad press for X1 that this kind of thing is just blown out of proportion. People buying the PS4 are non-plussed about it because this is pretty much the only outright negative thing about the console that they are hearing.

Gotta luv it!

J

Well, I am buying the XBox and I am non-plussed about it.

Yeah, even to this day, there hasn't been much negative comments towards the PS4.

J

Well, I am buying the XBox and I am non-plussed about it.

There you go. Even if it was happening to only the PS4 or X1, the people buying either wouldn't care. The other side though would see it as another excuse to go ahead with whatever they were going to buy anyways.

In my opinion, the one day patch is hardly a big deal.

Back